Official PlayStation Thread

Watch
quasa
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
Considering today is the 25th Birthday of PlayStation, I reckon its time we launch a PS thread to discuss all things PlayStation and gaming. in terms of ground rules, make sure you dont discriminate (although banter about xbox and master race is allowed :lol: )
quasa
Rep:
?
anyone want to hazard a guess how much the PS5 will cost. microsoft has announced that the series X will be £449 (or £28.99 a month with xbox all access membership) and the series S will be £249 (or £20.99 a month with all access). Both xboxes are due to be released 10th november with pre-orders going live on 22nd september.

With this in mind, how much are you willing to spend on a PS5 and how much do you reckon the PS5s will cost?
Gofre
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by quasa)
anyone want to hazard a guess how much the PS5 will cost. microsoft has announced that the series X will be £449 (or £28.99 a month with xbox all access membership) and the series S will be £249 (or £20.99 a month with all access). Both xboxes are due to be released 10th november with pre-orders going live on 22nd september.

With this in mind, how much are you willing to spend on a PS5 and how much do you reckon the PS5s will cost?
Now that MSoft have pulled the trigger, I'd wager them matching the $499/£449 for the main unit and go $/£50 cheaper on the digital edition. With that said, with the Series X being so cheap I wouldn't be surprised to go aggressive on the diskless model.
quasa
Rep:
?
(Original post by Gofre)
Now that MSoft have pulled the trigger, I'd wager them matching the $499/£449 for the main unit and go $/£50 cheaper on the digital edition. With that said, with the Series X being so cheap I wouldn't be surprised to go aggressive on the diskless model.
thing is with the series S, it is capped at 1440p (2k), whereas the X is 4k. both ps5 models are 4k, so i reckon the the discless would be more than the s but not more than the X.
Gofre
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by quasa)
thing is with the series S, it is capped at 1440p (2k), whereas the X is 4k. both ps5 models are 4k, so i reckon the the discless would be more than the s but not more than the X.
Oh yeah there's no way in hell they can go as cheap as the Series S (I covered everything on that in another thread) even with the loss-leader model consoles have historically adopted, but they could try and push the price into the £350 range.
quasa
Rep:
?
(Original post by Gofre)
Oh yeah there's no way in hell they can go as cheap as the Series S (I covered everything on that in another thread) even with the loss-leader model consoles have historically adopted, but they could try and push the price into the £350 range.
noticed odd numbered ps' tend to be in the £400+ range when new whereas 2 was ~£300 and ps4 was £349 iirc. i would expect the diskless version to be no more than £425, although if they were aggressive, it would be £350 and disk version slightly less than series x (say £400-£425).

shame sony isnt announcing ps5 related stuff today as its playstations 25th anniversary today
Gofre
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by quasa)
noticed odd numbered ps' tend to be in the £400+ range when new whereas 2 was ~£300 and ps4 was £349 iirc. i would expect the diskless version to be no more than £425, although if they were aggressive, it would be £350 and disk version slightly less than series x (say £400-£425).

shame sony isnt announcing ps5 related stuff today as its playstations 25th anniversary today
I wouldn't read too far into pricing history with a sample size of five and about 6 years between each release. It's not like phones, processors etc with a regular "tick-tock" release cycle, they're going to evaluate each release based on the market at the time.
quasa
Rep:
?
amazon japan has listed all the official accessories for the ps5 will be out in japan on November 20th. Does that indicate a November 20th release date globally I wonder?
Gofre
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by quasa)
amazon japan has listed all the official accessories for the ps5 will be out in japan on November 20th. Does that indicate a November 20th release date globally I wonder?
Asian markets have historically had a different release date (although Msoft are doing a same day launch worldwide this year), so assuming that's the correct launch date in Japan and not just a placeholder, it could potentially be up to a week either side of that date. I can't imagine it would be later though.
Kallisto
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by quasa)
Considering today is the 25th Birthday of PlayStation, I reckon its time we launch a PS thread to discuss all things PlayStation and gaming. in terms of ground rules, make sure you dont discriminate (although banter about xbox and master race is allowed :lol: )
PS1 is 25 years old now? how time flies! the best game on that console was Crash Bandicoot, the last game I played was doom.
quasa
Rep:
?
(Original post by Kallisto)
PS1 is 25 years old now? how time flies! the best game on that console was Crash Bandicoot, the last game I played was doom.
I preferred spyro to crash (although cortex was best badguy ps1 gen). Mgs1 and gran turismo were other ps1 greats as well
Kallisto
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by quasa)
I preferred spyro to crash (although cortex was best badguy ps1 gen). Mgs1 and gran turismo were other ps1 greats as well
As you maybe know I did not own a PS console, just played the games when I was invited by a good friend of mine. And as he was a great ego shooter fan, I have almost played games connected to this genre. :rolleyes:
quasa
Rep:
?
As you maybe know I did not own a PS console, just played the games when I was invited by a good friend of mine. And as he was a great ego shooter fan, I have almost played games connected to this genre. :rolleyes:
I did not know. Now I know. I hear ego shooter is great. Ps2 for me holds greatest memories
Kallisto
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by quasa)
I did not know. Now I know. I hear ego shooter is great. Ps2 for me holds greatest memories
And the greatest memories includes the Spyro games? this and Crash Bandicoot are the games I couldn't play, but I would have like to.
Last edited by Kallisto; 1 week ago
quasa
Rep:
?
And the greatest memories includes the Spyro games? this and Crash Bandicoot are the games I couldn't play, but I would have like to.
Of ps1, I'd say spyro and gran turismo tbh. Crash I was never into much but preferred cortex to the spyro badguys
quasa
Rep:
?
Speaking of crash, u getting crash for? It's on ps4 iirc
Kallisto
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
(Original post by quasa)
Speaking of crash, u getting crash for? It's on ps4 iirc
Should I buy a PS4 just to play a Crash game? that is it not worth.

(Original post by quasa)
Of ps1, I'd say spyro and gran turismo tbh. Crash I was never into much but preferred cortex to the spyro badguys
So is Gran Turismo a good racing game to invest the money?
Grexnz_ on yt
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
(Original post by quasa)
anybody play 2k21 if so what is your psn
Prefect1992
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
Ewww playstation bad I prefer playing brick braker on my blackberry curve
Grexnz_ on yt
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
(Original post by Prefect1992)
Ewww playstation bad I prefer playing brick braker on my blackberry curve
what do yuh play on a xbox
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are you feeling ahead of starting University?

I am excited and looking forward to starting (41)
13.58%
I am excited but have some apprehension around Covid-19 measures (44)
14.57%
I am concerned I will miss out on aspects of the uni experience due to new measures (106)
35.1%
I am concerned the Covid-19 measures at uni are not strong enough (29)
9.6%
I am nervous and feel I don't have enough information (66)
21.85%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (16)
5.3%

Watched Threads