ps5 showcase at 9pm bst (1pm pst) on wednesday 16th september
Kallisto
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by quasa)
ps5 showcase at 9pm bst (1pm pst) on wednesday 16th september
And what about games? how many of them are already released and what games are planned?
quasa
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
(Original post by Kallisto)
And what about games? how many of them are already released and what games are planned?
no word yet on what games will be showcased, but chances are itll be the games announced earlier in the year.

in terms of launch window (ie this year), both insomniac games and bug snax are the major ps5 exclusives I can think of.
Kallisto
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by quasa)
no word yet on what games will be showcased, but chances are itll be the games announced earlier in the year.

in terms of launch window (ie this year), both insomniac games and bug snax are the major ps5 exclusives I can think of.
Looks like that there is a Spider-Man game at the start. And Godfall. Two games so far. Not so many, but I will wait for the next years to see the development.
quasa
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
Here's a link to the livestream of today's events. rumour has it some big exclusives may be revealed, as well as price and availability.

The event starts at 9pm BST (8pm GMT), so in 42 minutes

quasa
Rep:
?
final fantasy 16!!!!
quasa
Rep:
?
ff16 is confirmed to be a playstation 5 exclusive. looks a lot like ff15.

the miles morales game seems like an xmas game / expansion of the ps4 spidey game. seems like roxxon are the main bad guys, with the tinkerer as well. the game is set mainly in harlem. the tinkerer is a lady in the game.
Last edited by quasa; 1 week ago
Jammy Duel
  • Political Ambassador
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by quasa)
ff16 is confirmed to be a playstation 5 exclusive. looks a lot like ff15.

the miles morales game seems like an xmas game / expansion of the ps4 spidey game. seems like roxxon are the main bad guys, with the tinkerer as well. the game is set mainly in harlem. the tinkerer is a lady in the game.
You didn't read very carefully if you saw it being PS5 exclusive.
Jammy Duel
  • Political Ambassador
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
To say this is supposed to be a next gen console neither the Harry Potter thing nor CoD look very next gen, both looks very much last gen
quasa
Rep:
?
(Original post by Jammy Duel)
To say this is supposed to be a next gen console neither the Harry Potter thing nor CoD look very next gen, both looks very much last gen
you are aware that sony's livestream is restricted at 1080p and the 4k footage gets released later. id wait till the 4k trailers are out before passing judgement.
quasa
Rep:
?
You didn't read very carefully if you saw it being PS5 exclusive.
rewatched it and :lol: big writing was playstation console exclusive, then very small at the bottom of the screen (near the videobar) there is an *also available on pc. im guessing ps5 / ps4 initial release then pc after x amount of time.
_gcx
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by quasa)
you are aware that sony's livestream is restricted at 1080p and the 4k footage gets released later. id wait till the 4k trailers are out before passing judgement.
I mean, not really. There should still be a graphical improvement because of ray tracing. Though the way I see ray tracing at the moment - it's a major performance hit for a hardly noticeable graphical improvement. Usually turn it off.
Jammy Duel
  • Political Ambassador
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by quasa)
It's not just lower resolution/stream, the textures are all quite smooth and lacking details, even beyond compression, and it looked very much like no ray tracing. Case in point compare how FF16 looked vs either of those two games.
quasa
Rep:
?
(Original post by _gcx)
I mean, not really. There should still be a graphical improvement because of ray tracing. Though the way I see ray tracing at the moment - it's a major performance hit for a hardly noticeable graphical improvement.
gamescom rt of rift apart looked a lot better than the ps5 launch video. also it isnt a guarantee all games will have rt. but to me, 4k trailers definitely looked more impressive than the 1080p (i remember the 1080p of horizon looked lame but looked great in 4k.
Jammy Duel
  • Political Ambassador
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by _gcx)
I mean, not really. There should still be a graphical improvement because of ray tracing. Though the way I see ray tracing at the moment - it's a major performance hit for a hardly noticeable graphical improvement. Usually turn it off.
It didn't look like there was any ray tracing, and there were opportunities to show it off in the scene used for CoD.
quasa
Rep:
?
It's not just lower resolution/stream, the textures are all quite smooth and lacking details, even beyond compression, and it looked very much like no ray tracing. Case in point compare how FF16 looked vs either of those two games.
i guess its up to the developer at the end of the day.
quasa
Rep:
?
not devil may cry 5 again
quasa
Rep:
?
why do so many games which say Playstation exclusive also say in small writing *also available on PC?" is it a stock logo or does it mean a time-release exclusive deal.
Jammy Duel
  • Political Ambassador
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by quasa)
i guess its up to the developer at the end of the day.
It's already confirmed to have ray tracing, in the PC version at least.

This so far has been pretty lacking, missed the first few minutes but the only new thing is FF16, other than that it's all stuff we've seen before
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you confident you could find support for your mental health if you needed it in COVID-19?

Yes (69)
21.1%
No (258)
78.9%

Watched Threads