KnoVolt
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 months ago
Hi, I currently live just under 4 hours away from the uni and will be starting as a postgrad student. I'm wondering if there are any good, free street parking nearby since I am not eligible for a parking permit. I don't plan on using my car much at all (just for the initial trip there/back).

I see nearby residential areas like Red Hills, Stoke Hill, Whipton, Middlemoor, Wonford etc.

Thanks.
University of Exeter Student Recruitment Team Two
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by KnoVolt)
Hi, I currently live just under 4 hours away from the uni and will be starting as a postgrad student. I'm wondering if there are any good, free street parking nearby since I am not eligible for a parking permit. I don't plan on using my car much at all (just for the initial trip there/back).

I see nearby residential areas like Red Hills, Stoke Hill, Whipton, Middlemoor, Wonford etc.

Thanks.
Hi KnoVolt,

Are you moving into private accommodation in the city? Most of the residential areas around the campus our permit parking or limited to a few hours at a time due to the proximity to the city centre. If you are planning on having our car with you it may be worth looking into permits. I suspect there is free parking somewhere but not living in Exeter myself I can't help you there- hopefully some current students feed in and are able to advise more on any good spots to know of. Sorry I cannot help more this time!

Melody
University of Exeter Student Recruitment Team
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (516)
33.68%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (634)
41.38%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (312)
20.37%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (70)
4.57%

Watched Threads