The Student Room Group
Students at Cornwall campus, University of Exeter
University of Exeter
Exeter

Street parking?

Hi, I currently live just under 4 hours away from the uni and will be starting as a postgrad student. I'm wondering if there are any good, free street parking nearby since I am not eligible for a parking permit. I don't plan on using my car much at all (just for the initial trip there/back).

I see nearby residential areas like Red Hills, Stoke Hill, Whipton, Middlemoor, Wonford etc.

Thanks.
Original post by KnoVolt
Hi, I currently live just under 4 hours away from the uni and will be starting as a postgrad student. I'm wondering if there are any good, free street parking nearby since I am not eligible for a parking permit. I don't plan on using my car much at all (just for the initial trip there/back).

I see nearby residential areas like Red Hills, Stoke Hill, Whipton, Middlemoor, Wonford etc.

Thanks.

Hi @KnoVolt,

Are you moving into private accommodation in the city? Most of the residential areas around the campus our permit parking or limited to a few hours at a time due to the proximity to the city centre. If you are planning on having our car with you it may be worth looking into permits. I suspect there is free parking somewhere but not living in Exeter myself I can't help you there- hopefully some current students feed in and are able to advise more on any good spots to know of. Sorry I cannot help more this time!

Melody
University of Exeter Student Recruitment Team
Students at Cornwall campus, University of Exeter
University of Exeter
Exeter

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending