The Student Room Group

Official Natural Science applicants thread 2021

Are you applying to study Natural Science at University in 2021?
Then this is the place for you!
:danceboy:

Post below with details about your...

Course:
Universities you're applying to:

Share as much detail as you’d like and connect with other students!

You can find a big list of all the other applicant threads here as well as subject applicant threads here >>

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Hello, I’m applying for natural sciences this year with deferred entry for 2022 at:
Uni of Bath
Lancaster uni
Leeds uni
Loughborough uni
Nottingham uni
No offers in yet as I sent off my application yesterday, anyone else deferring until 2022?
I’m applying for Natural Sciences 2021 intake (with placement year where offered) at Southampton, Loughborough, UEA and Bath. I’m currently waiting for my reference to be added to my application so also no offers yet. I’m mostly worried about the interviews. What’s your first choice as it stands @Layla.t? Mines either Loughborough or Southampton.
Reply 3
Original post by Hellllpppp
I’m applying for Natural Sciences 2021 intake (with placement year where offered) at Southampton, Loughborough, UEA and Bath. I’m currently waiting for my reference to be added to my application so also no offers yet. I’m mostly worried about the interviews. What’s your first choice as it stands @Layla.t? Mines either Loughborough or Southampton.

I managed to visit Lancaster for a tour in October just before the lockdown so since it’s the only uni I’ve visited I’m biased towards it!
But Loughborough has the lowest entry requirements (still quite high with AAB) so if I get an offer that’ll probably be my insurance.
I’m nervous for the interviews too but since I’ve been preparing for Cambridge interviews (I didn’t apply last min bc of the stress) it seems less scary in comparison!
I’ve only visited Loughborough and it seemed really great. The low entry requirements are definitely a pull factor as it would reduce my stress especially with the uncertainty with exams but it’s also the furthest away from where I live which frightens me. Hopefully we’ll get some offers!
Reply 5
I’ve only visited Loughborough and it seemed really great. The low entry requirements are definitely a pull factor as it would reduce my stress especially with the uncertainty with exams but it’s also the furthest away from where I live which frightens me. Hopefully we’ll get some offers!

I live in the south west and all my unis except bath are hours away so I feel you! Good luck with your application, it’s such a relief when it’s properly off and you get the confirmation email :smile:
Original post by Layla.t
I managed to visit Lancaster for a tour in October just before the lockdown so since it’s the only uni I’ve visited I’m biased towards it!
But Loughborough has the lowest entry requirements (still quite high with AAB) so if I get an offer that’ll probably be my insurance.
I’m nervous for the interviews too but since I’ve been preparing for Cambridge interviews (I didn’t apply last min bc of the stress) it seems less scary in comparison!

Hi @Layla.t

If you've been preparing for Cambridge interviews, I wouldn't be nervous!
There is a video that you might find useful about what to expect at a Loughborough interview https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZEzP7VcAyfM
Good luck with you applications :smile:
Vicky
Reply 7
Original post by Loughborough University
Hi @Layla.t

If you've been preparing for Cambridge interviews, I wouldn't be nervous!
There is a video that you might find useful about what to expect at a Loughborough interview https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZEzP7VcAyfM
Good luck with you applications :smile:
Vicky

Thank you very much! I’ll check that out now :smile:
Reply 8
I’ve applied for natural science at Lancaster with study abroad.YorkLeedsLoughborough with placement yearCambridge I’ve got an offer so far from Leeds and Lancaster and got interviews at york and Loughborough.
Reply 9
Original post by JOR23
I’ve applied for natural science at Lancaster with study abroad.YorkLeedsLoughborough with placement yearCambridge I’ve got an offer so far from Leeds and Lancaster and got interviews at york and Loughborough.

Dunno why it came laid out so weirdly.
Reply 10
Original post by JOR23

Out of interest, how long did it take for those uni’s to give you an offer /an interview if you don’t mind answering?
I’m constantly refreshing my emails aha
Reply 11
Leeds was quite quick I got it two days after sending my application. Lancaster I got on Friday there. York and Loughborough I got last week on Monday and Wednesday. Them three took about three weeks to come through. And won’t hear back from cambridge for a while yet. Where have you applied?
Reply 12
Original post by JOR23
Leeds was quite quick I got it two days after sending my application. Lancaster I got on Friday there. York and Loughborough I got last week on Monday and Wednesday. Them three took about three weeks to come through. And won’t hear back from cambridge for a while yet. Where have you applied?

Thanks for letting me know! I’ve applied to Lancaster, Loughborough and Leeds like you, as well as Nottingham and Bath. I only sent my application properly off on Monday and got all the welcome emails yesterday so it’s early days. Congrats on your offers and good luck with Cambridge!
Reply 13
Thank you, good luck with all yours too!
Hi!
I’ve applied for natural sciences at
Uni of Southampton
Uni of Nottingham
Lancaster Uni

So far I’ve got offers from Lancaster and Nottingham, and an interview for Southampton on Wednesday!
Original post by elenarosebabyg
Hi!
Uni of Southampton
Uni of Nottingham
Lancaster Uni

So far I’ve got offers from Lancaster and Nottingham, and an interview for Southampton on Wednesday!

Good luck with your interview on Wednesday - just curious how quickly did you get offered an interview from Southampton? My application should get properly sent off tomorrow so I’m wondering how long I might have to wait. Also, have they given you much guidance on what to expect, personally I really like to prepare for things and the idea of an interview is probably the thing making me most anxious.
Good luck with your interview on Wednesday - just curious how quickly did you get offered an interview from Southampton? My application should get properly sent off tomorrow so I’m wondering how long I might have to wait. Also, have they given you much guidance on what to expect, personally I really like to prepare for things and the idea of an interview is probably the thing making me most anxious.

Thanks you! I’m so nervous!! It took about 2 weeks to get an invitation to interview. I think there are some interviews on 2nd December then 13th January (both Wednesdays) as I had the choice to book one of those if that helps. Good luck!
Reply 17
Hi!
Uni of Southampton
Uni of Nottingham
Lancaster Uni

Good luck with your interview!!
Reply 18
Original post by JOR23

I have an interview at York as well, how are you preparing? I can't find much info on the kinds of questions they'll ask
Reply 19
Hi!
Uni of Southampton
Uni of Nottingham
Lancaster Uni

I have my interview at Southampton on the 2nd of December, would be interested to hear how you find it :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending