m4ggott_
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
I stupidly put my parents (who I don't actually live with) in the household income section of my student finance application, this obviously resulted in a lower loan than what I'm actually entitled to. Rang SF and was told to apply as an independent student but have 0 clue how to do that. Any suggestions on what to do because I'm worried about how I'm even going to afford food with my allowance after accommodation fees.
priisiux
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
You would need to cancel the application, start again and call them so that they can help you with the sign up application form.
m4ggott_
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
(Original post by priisiux)
You would need to cancel the application, start again and call them so that they can help you with the sign up application form.
the answer i feared :cry2: thanks for ur help ill get to it asap
Shirohige
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by m4ggott_)
the answer i feared :cry2: thanks for ur help ill get to it asap
Wrong do not cancel the application. That'll just delay things even more.

Independent students
If you're an independent student your income and your partner's income is assessed.

You're classed as an independent student if:

you're 25 or older
you have a child
you have no living parents
you are or have been married or in a civil partnership
you've supported yourself for three years
you're estranged from your parents.

OK so I take it your likely only going to be able to be independant if you can show you lived on enough earnings yourself for at least 3 years before the start of your first year of study.

Simply living away from parents does not class you as independant in the eyes of student finance if your under 25.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you confident you could find support for your mental health if you needed it in COVID-19?

Yes (3)
11.11%
No (24)
88.89%

Watched Threads