Official Operating Department Practice (ODP) applicants thread 2021

Watch
Manooka
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 months ago
Are you applying to study Operating Department Practice (ODP) at University in 2021?
Then this is the place for you!
:danceboy:
Post below with details about your...

Course:
Universities you're applying to:

Share as much detail as you’d like and connect with other students!

You can find a big list of all the other applicant threads here as well as subject applicant threads here >>
Wholewheatbread
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
Hi, my daughter will be applying this year to start the course in 2021 or in 2022. Do you have any advise which UNI to choose to became the ODP?
Vezza2002
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Hi,

I am applying for odp course for September 2021 and have finished my first daft for my personal statement and included experience etc

I am planning to apply to egde Hill as my first choice and
Uni of Bedfordshire DMM
Uni of Huddersfield
Aru
University of hull

What about you [

QUOTE=Manooka;90916038]
Are you applying to study Operating Department Practice (ODP) at University in 2021?

Course:

[
University of Huddersfield
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Vezza2002)
Hi,

I am applying for odp course for September 2021 and have finished my first daft for my personal statement and included experience etc

Uni of Bedfordshire DMM
Uni of Huddersfield
Aru
University of hull

What about you [

QUOTE=Manooka;90916038]

Course:

[
Hi Vezza2002

How are you?

It's great that you're applying to the University of Huddersfield.

We have some current students on UniBuddy which may be able to answer some questions about facilities, student life and Huddersfield in general. You can ask them any/all the questions you may have here.

We also have student blogs and vlogs about Huddersfield which you might find interesting. You can see these on our website here.

If you'd like any more information from me, please just let me know, I'd be happy to help where I can.

Speak soon,
Harriette
Vezza2002
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by University of Huddersfield)
Hi Vezza2002

How are you?

It's great that you're applying to the University of Huddersfield.

We have some current students on UniBuddy which may be able to answer some questions about facilities, student life and Huddersfield in general. You can ask them any/all the questions you may have here.

We also have student blogs and vlogs about Huddersfield which you might find interesting. You can see these on our website here.

If you'd like any more information from me, please just let me know, I'd be happy to help where I can.

Speak soon,
Harriette
Hi,

Thanks for your reply

I was wandering how many places do you offer for the operating department practice course and what are the class sizes like

Thanks in advance

Vezza
Wholewheatbread
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Hi,

Uni of Bedfordshire DMM
Uni of Huddersfield
Aru
University of hull

What about you [

QUOTE=Manooka;90916038]

Course:
What kind of work experience do you have? She is thinking about Cardiff and Sheffield to apply.
Vezza2002
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Wholewheatbread)
What kind of work experience do you have? She is thinking about Cardiff and Sheffield to apply.
Hi,

Thanks for your reply

I am currently working as a healthcare assistant alongside my a levels and have been doing this job for over a year.

What about your daughter
Wholewheatbread
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Hi,

Uni of Bedfordshire DMM
Uni of Huddersfield
Aru
University of hull

What about you [

QUOTE=Manooka;90916038]

Course:

Hi,

Thanks for your reply

I am currently working as a healthcare assistant alongside my a levels and have been doing this job for over a year.

What about your daughter
She is a gymnastic coach (4years) working with the kids from 3-7years old. It is so difficult to get a place at the hospital currently.
Vezza2002
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
She is a gymnastic coach (4years) working with the kids from 3-7years old. It is so difficult to get a place at the hospital currently.
Oh right that sounds good,

What exactly does she want to do at the hospital at the minute does she want to work as HCA to gain experience?

If so she could work within the community or other settings as long as she. Has relevant skills etc
University of Huddersfield
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Hi,

Thanks for your reply

I was wandering how many places do you offer for the operating department practice course and what are the class sizes like

Thanks in advance

Vezza
Hi Vezza2002

There are 70 places available (subject to change) per cohort.

Due to the current circumstances, the University is offering some online learning as well as face-to-face teaching wherever possible.
For lectures the students are usually in the full year group, and in the current first year there are 70. Seminars are split into small groups and the year group is split into four. The year group is also split into small groups for the practical sessions too.

I hope this helps, but let me know if there's anything else I can help with.

Harriette
Wholewheatbread
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Oh right that sounds good,

What exactly does she want to do at the hospital at the minute does she want to work as HCA to gain experience?

If so she could work within the community or other settings as long as she. Has relevant skills etc
She will try at local hospice.
Vezza2002
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
She will try at local hospice.
Aww good luck
Jenna84Marie
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
Hi

I am currently working through an access to HE diploma and I’ve just finished my personal statement. I’ll be sending my application off in the next couple of days! 😬
I’m hoping to start my journey from senior care and support worker to operating department practitioner. ☺️
Applying to: University of Leicester, Staffordshire university and Sheffield Hallam university. 🤞🏻🤞🏻🤞🏻🤞🏻 🤞🏻
Staffordshire University
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 1 day ago
(Original post by Jenna84Marie)
Hi

I am currently working through an access to HE diploma and I’ve just finished my personal statement. I’ll be sending my application off in the next couple of days! 😬
I’m hoping to start my journey from senior care and support worker to operating department practitioner. ☺️
Applying to: University of Leicester, Staffordshire university and Sheffield Hallam university. 🤞🏻🤞🏻🤞🏻🤞🏻 🤞🏻
Hi Jenna84Marie
Good luck with your applications. It's great that you're embarking on a change of career. ODP sounds like an exciting move for you!
Shaun
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (549)
34.01%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (665)
41.2%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (327)
20.26%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (73)
4.52%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed