The Student Room Group

Official Physics applicants thread 2021

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Original post by Brianna.l_cia
What were you A level subjects and predicted grades? What were the conditions?

Maths, further maths, physics, history, predicted A* in all of them. Offer conditions were A* in maths, plus A*A in any order in further maths and physics. Imperial was the only offer I got that required a grade in further maths.

However this year the offers have been higher, usually about 3 A*s - they probably don't want a huge excess of people meeting their offers like last year.
Has anyone had a Physics offer from UCL yet? Or does anyone know when we are likely to get one? Apparently the internal deadline for UCL is 31st March, so hopefully it shouldn't be too much longer, but was just curious if anyone had more information. :smile:
Original post by rebeccakd
Has anyone had a Physics offer from UCL yet? Or does anyone know when we are likely to get one? Apparently the internal deadline for UCL is 31st March, so hopefully it shouldn't be too much longer, but was just curious if anyone had more information. :smile:

was made an offer on 1st of March
Original post by GCSE2019help

Thank you, do you know of anyone else that has had an offer? And if you don't mind me asking, are you home/international, what were your predicted grades and what was your offer? You don't have to answer any of that, but it would be helpful! :smile:
one of my friends from school received an offer for physics early this year. I think I'm predicted A*A*A (not too sure) . I think I'm a home student?
@rebeccakd
(edited 3 years ago)
one of my friends from school received an offer for physics early this year. I think I'm predicted A*A*A (not too sure) . I think I'm a home student?
@rebeccakd

Thank you! Hopefully it won't be too much longer before I hear back then :smile:
Thank you! Hopefully it won't be too much longer before I hear back then :smile:

Good luck
Reply 47
Original post by bbbbb87
Offers:
Lancaster AAB

Waiting on Edi, Durham, Cambridge & St Andreas

Congratulations hoping things went well for you!
Should I have chosen Manchester, Nottingham or Birmingham for Physics as I heard lecturers at Manchester don’t care as much abt students as they’re big researchers n stuff.

Did you guys receive an offer. if so, what were your predicted grades / gcses?
I received a offer, predicted grades A*A*A gcses :A*999888665 D*
(edited 2 years ago)
offers:
Durham university Physics Bsc 555 including physics and calculus BC
Nottingham university Mathematical Physics 5 in calculus BC

waiting on UCL (physics) and Warwick (mathphys)

and rejected from imperial :/

apparently durham is the 4th best uni for physics in the Uk, should i just forget about the others and firm durham?
Hi is anyone firming uob or thinking of doing so?
is there a similar thread for 2022?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending