The Student Room Group

Official Psychology applicants thread 2021

Are you applying to study Psychology at University in 2021?
Then this is the place for you!
:danceboy:

Post below with details about your...

Course:
Universities you're applying to:

Share as much detail as you’d like and connect with other students!

You can find a big list of all the other applicant threads here as well as subject applicant threads here >>

Scroll to see replies

I have applied to several types of psych courses:-
Plymouth- Mpsych
Royal Holloway- psychology, clinical psychology and mental health.
Reading- psychology with professional placement
Cardiff- psych with professional placement
Swansea- psychology
Reply 2
Has anybody got offers for 2021 Psychology yet? I've applied to :
Cambridge (obviously no offer yet as it isn't Oct 15th)
Bath (no reply)
Bristol (been put on hold, no idea what that means)
Warwick (no reply)
Liverpool (no reply)

Is this normal? I guess because Psychology is a popular course I wasn't expecting an instant reply but it's been 3 and a half weeks.
Thanks!
Original post by ayanal8
Bath (no reply)
Warwick (no reply)
Liverpool (no reply)

Is this normal? I guess because Psychology is a popular course I wasn't expecting an instant reply but it's been 3 and a half weeks.
Thanks!

Hey, I have applied for Psych at 3 of the same unis as you! :smile: I have applied for Cambridge, Bath, Bristol, St Andrews and Lancaster. Have you heard any more updates on your application? I am literally checking 30 times a day, that’s probably an under exaggeration as well aha 😂
Reply 4
Original post by Chlzrijas
Hey, I have applied for Psych at 3 of the same unis as you! :smile: I have applied for Cambridge, Bath, Bristol, St Andrews and Lancaster. Have you heard any more updates on your application? I am literally checking 30 times a day, that’s probably an under exaggeration as well aha 😂

Haha same!
Liverpool gave me an offer the other day (thank goodness for that I was going CRAZY) and Bristol put my application on hold but other than that LITERALLY nothing lmao. Mainly just confirmation emails saying they've received my application. Guess it will take a while! :s-smilie: Good luck with your application- have you heard anything yet?
Original post by Manooka

Are you applying to study Psychology at University in 2021?
Then this is the place for you!
:danceboy:

Post below with details about your...

Course:
Universities you're applying to:

Share as much detail as you’d like and connect with other students!

You can find a big list of all the other applicant threads here as well as subject applicant threads here >>

I’m applying to Cambridge, Exeter, Bath, Bristol and York! I’m predicted all A*s at the end of year 13 and I got all As in my AS levels! I’m absolutely terrified because I don’t know if I’m sciencey enough to get it.
Reply 6
Original post by eloisevincente
I’m applying to Cambridge, Exeter, Bath, Bristol and York! I’m predicted all A*s at the end of year 13 and I got all As in my AS levels! I’m absolutely terrified because I don’t know if I’m sciencey enough to get it.

Similar to me :smile: Good luck with your applications!! What A-levels do you do?
Original post by ayanal8
Haha same!
Liverpool gave me an offer the other day (thank goodness for that I was going CRAZY) and Bristol put my application on hold but other than that LITERALLY nothing lmao. Mainly just confirmation emails saying they've received my application. Guess it will take a while! :s-smilie: Good luck with your application- have you heard anything yet?

That’s great, congrats on your offer!!!! :smile: Yeah I was put on hold at Bristol today too! I think it means you meet the requirements but they want to see the other applicants as well. I haven’t heard anything from the other unis other than the confirmation emails and questionnaires. Yeah, it will take a while for them to get through every application but the wait is so annoying!!! Aha 😂 How are you getting on with the SAQ? Which college have you also applied to?
Original post by ayanal8
Similar to me :smile: Good luck with your applications!! What A-levels do you do?

I do English literature, Psychology, theatre studies, and Welsh Baccalaureate - I'm convinced that my choosing drama was the worst thing possible! What about you?
Original post by ayanal8
Bath (no reply)
Warwick (no reply)
Liverpool (no reply)

Thanks!

i’m applying for medicine but my fifth choice was psychology at bristol. i got an offer from bristol last week only a day or two after i sent off my application - AAB. they’re normally really quick in replying so you shouldn’t have to wait too long! :smile:
Reply 10
That’s great, congrats on your offer!!!! :smile: Yeah I was put on hold at Bristol today too! I think it means you meet the requirements but they want to see the other applicants as well. I haven’t heard anything from the other unis other than the confirmation emails and questionnaires. Yeah, it will take a while for them to get through every application but the wait is so annoying!!! Aha 😂 How are you getting on with the SAQ? Which college have you also applied to?

Thank goodness I thought it was just me that got put on hold lmao. I just sent off my SAQ but it was soooo confusing putting in all my levels especially because I do a modular A-level!! I've applied to Sidney Sussex but I reckon I won't get in haha. What about you?
Original post by ayanal8
Thank goodness I thought it was just me that got put on hold lmao. I just sent off my SAQ but it was soooo confusing putting in all my levels especially because I do a modular A-level!! I've applied to Sidney Sussex but I reckon I won't get in haha. What about you?

I've been put on hold too! I was panicking until I saw that it wasn't just me lol
I got 3 out of 5 of my offers so far.
2 conditional and 1 unconditional
Original post by ayanal8

Haha same, I was panicking about it!! Ahhh did you fill in the optional personal statement section? Gosh, that must’ve been confusing actually! I didn’t have to do that as I am doing linear A-levels I think. Ahhh, my friend at College has applied for Sidney Sussex, it looks so nice!! I applied for Corpus Christi, I don’t think I’ll get in either aha. I have already accepted that I have not got in, I think this way I’ll be less disappointed if I don’t get in and then it would be a pleasant surprise if I do get in! What subjects do you do?
Original post by Jaslewissss
I got 3 out of 5 of my offers so far.
2 conditional and 1 unconditional

Congratulations!!! :smile: Where did you apply?
I am applying to:

Cambridge - BA Psychological and Behavioural Sciences
UCL - BSc Psychology
Edinburgh - BSc Psychology
Manchester - BSc Psychology
St Andrews - BSc Psychology

Just got my conditional offer from St Andrews! Hoping for more offers soon.
Original post by ivanhuang65
I am applying to:

Cambridge - BA Psychological and Behavioural Sciences
UCL - BSc Psychology
Edinburgh - BSc Psychology
Manchester - BSc Psychology
St Andrews - BSc Psychology

Just got my conditional offer from St Andrews! Hoping for more offers soon.

Hey, congratulations on your offer!!! :smile:
Thanks! Cardiff, Swansea, Plymouth, Royal Holloway and Reading!
I’ve had offers for York and Exeter! I’m on hold for Bristol and there’s still nothing from Bath or Cambridge. It’s so nerve wracking!!
Reply 19
Haha same, I was panicking about it!! Ahhh did you fill in the optional personal statement section? Gosh, that must’ve been confusing actually! I didn’t have to do that as I am doing linear A-levels I think. Ahhh, my friend at College has applied for Sidney Sussex, it looks so nice!! I applied for Corpus Christi, I don’t think I’ll get in either aha. I have already accepted that I have not got in, I think this way I’ll be less disappointed if I don’t get in and then it would be a pleasant surprise if I do get in! What subjects do you do?

Nah I didn't do the optional personal statement bit because I didn't really have anything of significance to add in. Did you do it? Yeah I've TOTALLY accepted I'm not getting in haha. I literally say I'm not getting in anytime anyone asks what Uni's I've applied to! I do Biology, Psychology and Geography which is one of the reasons why I chose Sidney Sussex - it didn't require Maths lmao. You?

Quick Reply

Latest