The Student Room Group

Failing one module - fail the year?

I am in my second year of uni and just received my reassessment results and i have failed one module (30 credits) but passed the other modules (90 credits) . Originally my academic liason said that i can progress and re do the module along with my other modules next year but under the progression details it just says decision deferred and now my academic liason says she doesnt know what will happen .
Does anyone know if i can progress even though i failed that module or what will happen?
Original post by Jelexia
I am in my second year of uni and just received my reassessment results and i have failed one module (30 credits) but passed the other modules (90 credits) . Originally my academic liason said that i can progress and re do the module along with my other modules next year but under the progression details it just says decision deferred and now my academic liason says she doesnt know what will happen .
Does anyone know if i can progress even though i failed that module or what will happen?

It should say so in the exam rules on progression. They will be available online and are unique to each uni.
Normally progression , especially of more than 20 credits will require the uni/ dept to exercise its discretion.

The usual alternatives are a resit and capped or a retake including lectures.

If you had any extenuating circumstances let them know although you should have done so before the results. Think medical or MH conditions that affected your work. Only the uni can tell you what they will decide, unless it says differently in the rules..

Quick Reply

Latest