ollst311
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 months ago
I am really good at reading key words and learning them for my upcoming key words test but as soon as i have done that i forget all about them. Can anyone suggest ways of me learning key terms now and remembering them for my GCSE's next year. I am currently in year 10.
ollst311
Rep:
?
Any ideas
isobeln
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
(Original post by ollst311)
Any ideas
try making physical flashcards (terms one side, definitions on the other) and go through the whole set once a fortnight. When you go through the whole set, put the ones that you knew straight away and are very comfortable with in one pile. Put the ones which you struggled with but got there in the end in another pile and put the ones you completely forgot in another pile. Go through the ones you are very comfortable every two weeks, the ones you struggled with every 3 or 4 days and the ones you completely forgot every 1 or 2 days.Obviously you can adjust how often you revise them, this is just a rough idea.
Then repeat the process of sorting them out into the three piles every two weeks as you should find you know some of the ones you previously struggled with and have forgotten other ones.
This method is often referred to as the Traffic Light Method as green you know, yellow you almost know and red you don't know
I hope this helps, sorry if this was confusing: let me know if you want me to clarify anything xx
ollst311
Rep:
?
Thanks but won't that cause key terms just to build up. I must have at least 509 key terms to learn for all fo my gcses.
xx_annax
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
Thanks but won't that cause key terms just to build up. I must have at least 509 key terms to learn for all fo my gcses.
I think a good way is to make action with these words (in the exam you remember the actions in your head), repeating them, making songs with them, dances, anything that is effective to you
Strike999
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
Your brain has the capacity to hold more than you think, instead of imagining it as a cup with water almost filling to the brim, imagine your brain with a box without a fixed capacity, that means it can always expand without any limits. Flashcard will help you so much, you can recall facts and words hella easy. I got 9s, 8s and 7s from my GCSE's via flashcards and yt vids, then exam questions to top it off.
ollst311
Rep:
?
Ok does anyone know how I can make sure that I get every key terms. It's not like there's a checklist of them all.
safaahmed33
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
I am really good at reading key words and learning them for my upcoming key words test but as soon as i have done that i forget all about them. Can anyone suggest ways of me learning key terms now and remembering them for my GCSE's next year. I am currently in year 10.
I'd say use websites like Memrise and Quizlet which are really helpful in remembering vocab or key words/quotes. I have used it for Spanish and English Lit. and it's really helpful to remember. Also for general flashcards- a website called Anki.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you experienced financial difficulties as a student due to Covid-19?

Yes, I have really struggled financially (10)
15.15%
I have experienced some financial difficulties (12)
18.18%
I haven't experienced any financial difficulties and things have stayed the same (29)
43.94%
I have had better financial opportunities as a result of the pandemic (12)
18.18%
I've had another experience (let us know in the thread!) (3)
4.55%

Watched Threads