SS123456
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
I’m looking to start a PGCE and spoke with an advisor at a potential uni due to having a learning difficulty.

Her conversation started as “oh so you’re looking at a PGCSE” I said yes a PGCE is what I’m looking at.

She then just said oh wow you’re brave. I then laughed it off and she said which year. I said secondary school and she said oh wow even more brave.

I personally have done plenty of volunteering and she put that worry in me that you read nearly everywhere.

Anyone have any advice?
bluebeetle
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by SS123456)
I’m looking to start a PGCE and spoke with an advisor at a potential uni due to having a learning difficulty.

Her conversation started as “oh so you’re looking at a PGCSE” I said yes a PGCE is what I’m looking at.

She then just said oh wow you’re brave. I then laughed it off and she said which year. I said secondary school and she said oh wow even more brave.

I personally have done plenty of volunteering and she put that worry in me that you read nearly everywhere.

Anyone have any advice?
I think the idea often is that any potential trainee who isn't scared off by all the "wow, you're brave" comments is probably keen enough on teaching that they'll be able to motivate themselves through the year. It is a stressful year and drop out rates are high for a reason. That being said, things get easier after training / NQT.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you confident you could find support for your mental health if you needed it in COVID-19?

Yes (53)
21.46%
No (194)
78.54%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise