maddisonscotttt
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 months ago
I am now yr13 doing a level history on AQA making of modern Britain and Germany but year 12 was a struggle for me so i was wondering what the best ways to revise past content would be. i find alevel history is a lot to fit onto flashcards....
Medici66
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
The best way is to write out short essay plans for each possible question ( key arguments and structure ).The plans can then be condensed into flash cards with key facts.

Good luck
232CEC
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
1. Nail the content. If you’re aiming for an A+ this is definitely essential. You wanna remember everything in your course content. Best way I find is to copy out from a textbook, could also just make a PowerPoint or fact file on each of the major points in the specification. It’s boring but it gets the points into your head. Although it’s boring, this is the easy part
2. Nail the exam technique/essay writing. This is the difficult but more entertaining part. Does as many practice essays as you can, read examiner reports from them, read other people’s answers who scored highly, copy their technique/style of writing. After youre pretty confident with this write down as many potential questions as you can and make mind maps with them branching out potential points to answer the question. Eventually one of those questions may be on the exam and you already know the plan
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (518)
33.77%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (634)
41.33%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (312)
20.34%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (70)
4.56%

Watched Threads