Questions about GCSE November 2020 Resits, and GCSEs in general.

Watch
for_Another
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
I want to ask a few questions about the November GCSE resits, alongside general questions about GCSEs since my parents have been fussing over them now that I'm in college.

1. Are the Resits for 2020 for just Maths and English?
2. Are the Resits mandatory even if you have passed most of your subjects (including the aforementioned)?
3. What impact does my GCSEs have on my chances to go to university, and are they really that important? (I've been getting a lot of mixed responses about this question from both my teachers from High School and friends/family who have gone to Uni.)
isobeln
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
1. I think almost every subject is available for resits this year, but the deadline to enter has closed for some of them- I recommend looking up the board and exam , e.g. Edexcel iGCSE Physics, and checking it's still available.
2. resits are not mandatory especially if you passed maths and english
3. depends: what grades did you receive in your subjects?

let me know what grades you got (and which subject you want to go on to study) and I'll let you know what impact your grades will have
hope this helps! x
Eaphysics
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
For GCSEs main thing is that you pass English language maths and science. Unis usually require around 7 GCSEs minimum. The main thing is that you pass your a levels well. If you do GCSEs aren’t so important. If you don’t GCSEs become important because unis will then take more notice of your GCSEs to see the kind of level of a student you are
for_Another
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
(Original post by isobeln)
1. I think almost every subject is available for resits this year, but the deadline to enter has closed for some of them- I recommend looking up the board and exam , e.g. Edexcel iGCSE Physics, and checking it's still available.
2. resits are not mandatory especially if you passed maths and english
3. depends: what grades did you receive in your subjects?

let me know what grades you got (and which subject you want to go on to study) and I'll let you know what impact your grades will have
hope this helps! x
My grades are:
GCSE Art (Art and Design) - 6
GCSE Combined Science - 5-4
GCSE English Language - 6
GCSE English Literature - 4
GCSE French - 3
GCSE History - 3
GCSE Mathematics (Foundation) - 4
GCSE Media Studies - 6
GCSE Music - 6

I'm currently studying Media Studies, Film Studies and Graphics Communication in College. All of them are A-Levels.
Last edited by for_Another; 1 month ago
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What do you want most from university virtual open days and online events?

I want to be able to watch in my own time rather than turn up live (189)
29.3%
I want to hear more about the specifics of the course (106)
16.43%
I want to be able to dip in and dip out of lots of different sessions (58)
8.99%
I want to meet current students (54)
8.37%
I want to meet academics and the people that will be teaching me (51)
7.91%
I want to have a taster lecture or workshop to see what the teaching is like (128)
19.84%
My parents/guardians are more interested than me to be honest (38)
5.89%
Other things – I'll tell you in the thread (21)
3.26%

Watched Threads