Chunky platform trainers

Watch
xx_Ammmz_xx
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
Hi

I was thinking of buying Buffalo trainers but I’m afraid that because of the platform height they’ll end up looking cheap, even though they’re £140!

Any advice/suggestions would be amazing! ☺️
Yazziii
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Lmaoo so what if they look cheap? Are you wearing it for you or others..?
xx_Ammmz_xx
Rep:
?
(Original post by Yazziii)
Lmaoo so what if they look cheap? Are you wearing it for you or others..?
Noo, not at all but I’ve read a lot of places say that they don’t look nice paired with skinny jeans (which is what I wear mostly!)
Scottishlad888
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by xx_Ammmz_xx)
Hi

I was thinking of buying Buffalo trainers but I’m afraid that because of the platform height they’ll end up looking cheap, even though they’re £140!

Any advice/suggestions would be amazing! ☺️
You might trip up wearing them they are made in China for £7-
xx_Ammmz_xx
Rep:
?
(Original post by Scottishlad888)
You might trip up wearing them they are made in China for £7-
What the real ones that retail at £140?
kingpin x
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
I wear mine with skinny jeans! Trust me you'll be able to pull it off, especially if you have nice legs to go with.
xx_Ammmz_xx
Rep:
?
(Original post by kingpin x)
I wear mine with skinny jeans! Trust me you'll be able to pull it off, especially if you have nice legs to go with.
Ah cool! How comfortable are they?
kingpin x
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Ah cool! How comfortable are they?
Very comfortable. I bought them a while back, just thought I'd go for something different in design and these were perfect.
xx_Ammmz_xx
Rep:
?
(Original post by kingpin x)
Very comfortable. I bought them a while back, just thought I'd go for something different in design and these were perfect.
That’s great! And do you find they’re easy to clean?? I’m thinking of going for the London classic low-tops but don’t know if I should go for the patent ones or the normal ones.. which do you have?
Scottishlad888
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
What the real ones that retail at £140?
Yes the real ones that retail in stores cost only £7- to import into the uk from china the uk Government get 20 % tax from the £140 thats £28 then there is vat to pay and staff wages and store rent and rates and water rates its never ending for the retailers what they have to pay out to the UK Government the workers in china only get £15 to £20 a week they stay in a compound inside the factory they get free food and a place to sleep most only get to go back home at chinese new year once a year when you buy a top in a shop in the uk it only costs about £1 to buy from china and they sell it for £25 in the uk just look at Primark its called fast fashion most items in Primark have been bought abroad for only 25 pence a garment its a total disgrace
Yazziii
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Noo, not at all but I’ve read a lot of places say that they don’t look nice paired with skinny jeans (which is what I wear mostly!)
You can pull off everything you wear if you wear it with confidence xx.
Theloniouss
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by Scottishlad888)
Yes the real ones that retail in stores cost only £7- to import into the uk from china the uk Government get 20 % tax from the £140 thats £28 then there is vat to pay and staff wages and store rent and rates and water rates its never ending for the retailers what they have to pay out to the UK Government the workers in china only get £15 to £20 a week they stay in a compound inside the factory they get free food and a place to sleep most only get to go back home at chinese new year once a year when you buy a top in a shop in the uk it only costs about £1 to buy from china and they sell it for £25 in the uk just look at Primark its called fast fashion most items in Primark have been bought abroad for only 25 pence a garment its a total disgrace
Not sure this thread is the right place for your anti-consumerism rant
Scottishlad888
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by Theloniouss)
Not sure this thread is the right place for your anti-consumerism rant
l am not ranting get your facts right l am putting my point of view across if you dont like what l say dont ever reply back to me okay buddy
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you confident you could find support for your mental health if you needed it in COVID-19?

Yes (85)
21.57%
No (309)
78.43%

Watched Threads