The Student Room Group

OCR GCSE iMedia

Okay so I chose iMedia as one of my options in year nine because at the time I thought having a coursework subject would give me a good variety of balance work/revision.
I'm now in year 11 and really struggling!
In computing through school I was always top of the class, finishing early, helping other students. I was assured by my teachers that should I chose it, I would be on track for a level 2 distinction or distinction*.
The course was not at all what I expected and I'm really struggling!! I don't know what any of the tasks are and obviously my teacher can't really help because it's coursework. I failed one part of my first practice piece of coursework and that took a massive hit on my confidence and self-esteem. I knew I had struggled on it because I didn't know what we were doing but I still worked so unbelievably hard (4+ hours at home extra). We've now started the actually coursework and I have so much anxiety and stress because I want to do well!!
The exam is still set to be in January (4 months!!!!!) and I still don't fully understand what I need to revise.
The resources are vague and the textbook/revision guide confusing.
Please please if someone has any advice let me know!
(edited 3 years ago)
Reply 1
Original post by thewannabevegan
Okay so I chose iMedia as one of my options in year nine because at the time I thought having a coursework subject would give me a good variety of balance work/revision.
In computing through school I was always top of the class, finishing early, helping other students. I was assured by my teachers that should I chose it, I would be on track for a level 2 distinction or distinction*.
The course was not at all what I expected and I'm really struggling!! I don't know what any of the tasks are and obviously my teacher can't really help because it's coursework. I failed one part of my first practice piece of coursework and that took a massive hit on my confidence and self-esteem. I knew I had struggled on it because I didn't know what we were doing but I still worked so unbelievably hard (4+ hours at home extra). We've now started the actually coursework and I have so much anxiety and stress because I want to do well!!
The exam is still set to be in January (4 months!!!!!) and I still don't fully understand what I need to revise.

to late?
lol just a bit xD
Original post by io432
to late?
Reply 3
lol just a bit xD

how did your gcse end up as. just curious.
Original post by io432
how did your gcse end up as. just curious.

got a lvl 2 Dist, pretty chuffed considering I gave up in the end with covid and everything :smile:
Reply 5

Do you mean the Cambridge Nationals Creative iMedia qualification?
yup!
Original post by spiral22
Do you mean the Cambridge Nationals Creative iMedia qualification?
Reply 7
yup!

I’m doing the same qualification. I had to build a website, digital graphic and games proposal. I’m aiming for a lvl 2 distinction which I’ve got however my coursework is going to external moderation so hope they don’t lower my marks.

Quick Reply

Latest