The Student Room Group
Students outside halls at University of East Anglia (UEA)
University of East Anglia
Norwich
Visit website

UEA Accommodation

I think it's terrible how UEA are exploiting their students. My daughter is still waiting for the timetable and accommodation availability. I think it seems suspect that the timetables are so late being published this year. My initial thoughts are that they know that all lectures and possibly seminars will be online this year, but are waiting to get accommodation contracts signed, before students become aware that they could technically study from home and save thousands on accommodation.
Original post by Anonymous
I think it's terrible how UEA are exploiting their students. My daughter is still waiting for the timetable and accommodation availability. I think it seems suspect that the timetables are so late being published this year. My initial thoughts are that they know that all lectures and possibly seminars will be online this year, but are waiting to get accommodation contracts signed, before students become aware that they could technically study from home and save thousands on accommodation.

Problem is, without attending uni many people won’t make friends and therefore experience uni the right way.

The fact they have claimed seminars will be working as normal is pointless. They should give students the Prerecorded lectures on a Monday and the work to be completed from seminars, allowing students to use their time wisely. At the moment the Uni is relying on wishful thinking and like you said exploiting pupils for money before telling the truth.
Students outside halls at University of East Anglia (UEA)
University of East Anglia
Norwich
Visit website
Original post by Anonymous

Hello @anonymous #1 we are sorry to hear you feel this way. Please let us assure you that this isn't the case at all. We're planning on offering as much in-person, on-campus teaching as is safe and practical to do so, including small group teaching and workshops, tutorials and practical laboratory and campus fieldwork sessions - in order to facilitate this, timetables have taken slightly longer than usual to produce but students are due to receive their timetables in the week commencing 14 September.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending