Cake360
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 months ago
I just completed my a levels this year and auditioned for drama schools. I got rejected from the most prestigious ones but got an offer on a not so good and not best drama school. My parents now want me to quit performing arts becuase I got rejected from top drama schools as they think becuase of that I am not good enough and worthy of a performing arts career and have banned me from it. But I have decided not to listen to my parents and not give up on my dream. I decided to audition again next year. But my parents want me to either do a different course at uni or do an apprenticeship in another career. My plan was to do an apprenticeship or full time job for this year whilst working on drama school auditions and getting in go drama school for 2021 entry. But I haven't been successful in getting one. I am doing performing arts as a career without my parents knowing knowing. My parents don't want me to just not do anything so if I don't get an job or apprenticeship, then I have go to uni for a different course. Then I would still prepare for drama school 2021 entry auditions whilst at uni then drop out after getting into drama school for 2021 entry, but then my parents will find out and I have one year of wasted money and student loan debt. I am very confused should I go to uni or apprenticeship/job. I don't know how I will follow my dream to go to a top drama school like rada and gsa.
Eaphysics
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
Always listen to your parents except this one time. It’s very important you do what you enjoy. It’s your life. Don’t waste time and money doing a degree you won’t enjoy. Just because higher unis turned you down doesn’t mean you shouldn’t have gone to uni. It’s an experience. Many people that didn’t go to the uni they wanted ended up loving the time they were at another uni and possibly had a better time than would have at the uni they originally wanted. If any uni has accepted you my advice take it. A degree is a degree no matter where you study. Remember only do what’s makes you happy you won’t regret it
Emily_Maguire
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Free career guidance post can be found here: https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/sho....php?t=6940432
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What factors affect your mental health the most right now?

Anxiousness about lockdown easing (126)
4.9%
Uncertainty around my education (382)
14.84%
Uncertainty around my future career prospects (285)
11.07%
Lack of purpose or motivation (363)
14.1%
Lack of support system (eg. teachers, counsellors, delays in care) (120)
4.66%
Impact of lockdown on physical health (156)
6.06%
Loneliness (218)
8.47%
Financial worries (95)
3.69%
Concern about myself or my loves ones getting/having been ill (106)
4.12%
Exposure to negative news/social media (120)
4.66%
Lack of real life entertainment (135)
5.24%
Lack of confidence in making big life decisions (225)
8.74%
Worry about missed opportunities during the pandemic (243)
9.44%

Watched Threads