The Student Room Group

Aerospace without a lvl maths and a lvl physics

So here’s the situation I just started college and my parents asked me what I want to do. So I said automotive engineering or mechanical engineering but fsr they wanted me to do aerospace and was forcing/pushing me to do it but I said no I don’t like it but they sill don’t listen to me and I don’t want to go say the reason to them the reason why I can’t is because I haven’t got the a levels needed for aerospace but I don’t know if aerospace is Still doable Without taking a lvl maths or physics so if any1 is reading this pls reply back and tell me if there is a chance to do aerospace without physics and maths in a levels
Never mind Aerospace, where are you intending to apply for Automotive Engineering without Maths of Physics at A level? Or do you mean that you are taking e.g. BTEC Engineering, without an A level in Maths / Physics alongside it, rather than doing A levels, but your subjects don'tinclude Maths or Physics?

Out of curiosity, why are your parents so set on you applying for Aerospace Engineering?
Reply 2
Original post by Mudu553r
So here’s the situation I just started college and my parents asked me what I want to do. So I said automotive engineering or mechanical engineering but fsr they wanted me to do aerospace and was forcing/pushing me to do it but I said no I don’t like it but they sill don’t listen to me and I don’t want to go say the reason to them the reason why I can’t is because I haven’t got the a levels needed for aerospace but I don’t know if aerospace is Still doable Without taking a lvl maths or physics so if any1 is reading this pls reply back and tell me if there is a chance to do aerospace without physics and maths in a levels

Dont do what your parents say. Do what you want to study.

For most branches of Engineering you need A Level Mathematics and A Level Physics. If you dont have it and dont want to do it then apply to university which offers Foundation Year which is for people without the right A Levels.
First you shouldnt do what your parents are telling you. Its entirely your choice. Only study something that your interested in and not what someone tells you. Secondly for the top unis (russel group) a level maths and a science preferably physics or chemistry is required. Hope this helps.

Quick Reply

Latest