Mobile speed cameras in police cars UK

Watch
Electrogeek
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
Hi all,

My friend recently was speeding along a 10 mph road in the UK and he didn't realise this was the speed limit at the time (he thinks he was going about 20 mph). As he drove along the road he passed a cop car which was driving on the other side of the road and now he's worried that he's going to get points etc on his licence.

I was wondering whether it is possible for a moving police car to record the speed of oncoming traffic in the UK?

I know the cops can record your speed if they are behind you because they can match the speed of your car and record it, or use RADAR-like equipment to determine your speed, but he says that the cops carried on and didn't turn around after him or anything. Is it possible that they recorded it and will later send a NIP?
Joe Frazier
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Sometimes they have a camera on their dash which will flash but I’m sure your friend would have noticed that (I think this is only for 30 zones too). I think if they were that concerned with his speed they would’ve turned around straight away and pulled him over. Should be fine.
Eaphysics
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
If they thought he was speeding they would have stopped him. I think he’s fine.
Electrogeek
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
Ah okay thank you very much! I'll pass this on to him. I didn't want to give him false hope.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you confident you could find support for your mental health if you needed it in COVID-19?

Yes (47)
22.93%
No (158)
77.07%

Watched Threads