“excessive” piercings on school dress code?

Watch
koorgan
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
my schools dress code states that “piercings should not be excessive, nose, tongue and body piercings are not permitted, and jewellery should be a stud”

my question is: what does everyone class as excessive personally?

i’ve been called in for a dress code review for having an industrial bar, but this to me doesn’t seem excessive? of course if my sixth form office decides it is, i will happily oblige and take it out, but i’m just curious if people without piercings see it as excessive too as i might be bias as it’s my body.

thanks!
jamesmatteo
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
I think that as long as your face and body is not covered in piercings then that is not excessive. A few piercings here and there is fine.

Also how would they even notice piercings that are hidden such as tongue, nipples, navel, genital etc?
koorgan
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
(Original post by jamesmatteo)
I think that as long as your face and body is not covered in piercings then that is not excessive. A few piercings here and there is fine.

Also how would they even notice piercings that are hidden such as tongue, nipples, navel, genital etc?
i completely agree! i’m hoping in my meeting i can make my point and hopefully they seem to agree too. i’d also like to add that my hair is long and thick, and hides my piercings normally, except my teacher asked me to show her my ears so she could decide if it was an issue. quite ridiculous aha.

and i honestly don’t know :/ i know a girl who was asked to remove nipple piercings despite wearing a bra, the fact they questioned it is horrific to me. why are they looking ??
jamesmatteo
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by koorgan)
i completely agree! i’m hoping in my meeting i can make my point and hopefully they seem to agree too. i’d also like to add that my hair is long and thick, and hides my piercings normally, except my teacher asked me to show her my ears so she could decide if it was an issue. quite ridiculous aha.

and i honestly don’t know :/ i know a girl who was asked to remove nipple piercings despite wearing a bra, the fact they questioned it is horrific to me. why are they looking ??
They shouldn't be looking at all.

I doubt that they would find my prince albert though haha.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you confident you could find support for your mental health if you needed it in COVID-19?

Yes (85)
21.57%
No (309)
78.43%

Watched Threads