coffeequeen
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 10 months ago
Hi all,

For those studying physics, how do you prefer to organise and make your notes? I don't particularly want to make electronic notes as it is easier to handwrite equations and symbols. Do you like having a notebook/folder per module? I am thinking of writing notes in lectures in exercise books as they are easier to carry and take up less space and then write them up post-lectures into a notepad and place into a folder. Any thoughts?
𝓖𝓱𝓸𝓼𝓽𝓵𝓪𝓭𝔂
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
(Original post by coffeequeen)
Hi all,

For those studying physics, how do you prefer to organise and make your notes? I don't particularly want to make electronic notes as it is easier to handwrite equations and symbols. Do you like having a notebook/folder per module? I am thinking of writing notes in lectures in exercise books as they are easier to carry and take up less space and then write them up post-lectures into a notepad and place into a folder. Any thoughts?
My daughter is starting in a couple of weeks, and she has done similar to Alice does physics on you tube. She has an a4 notebook for taking scuffy quick notes, but has an A5 exercise book for each module. I would imagine you can do it via notepad and putting in a folder that way too. At the end of the day, its how the notes will be read up during the revision period for exam; and if a folder format is a best way to easier digest it, then thats the best way for you
coffeequeen
Rep:
?
(Original post by Ghostlady)
My daughter is starting in a couple of weeks, and she has done similar to Alice does physics on you tube. She has an a4 notebook for taking scuffy quick notes, but has an A5 exercise book for each module. I would imagine you can do it via notepad and putting in a folder that way too. At the end of the day, its how the notes will be read up during the revision period for exam; and if a folder format is a best way to easier digest it, then thats the best way for you
Thank you so much, I have seen the Alice does physics channel and her method seems really useful. Essentially that is what I am thinking of doing, so glad it is a tried and tested method. Best of luck to your daughter, always nice to hear a fellow woman in STEM! Which university will she be studying at?
coffeequeen
Rep:
?
Thank you so much, I have seen the Alice does physics channel and her method seems really useful. Essentially that is what I am thinking of doing, so glad it is a tried and tested method. Best of luck to your daughter, always nice to hear a fellow woman in STEM! Which university will she be studying at?
My bad, just saw your profile which said she is going to Lancaster aha
Sinnoh
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
Hi all,

Some people use pads of paper and put them into folders, some people use exercise books, one of my lecturers said he used to rewrite notes after the lecture, basically do what fits you and maybe experiment a bit
Mr Wednesday
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
(Original post by Sinnoh)
Some people use pads of paper and put them into folders, some people use exercise books, one of my lecturers said he used to rewrite notes after the lecture, basically do what fits you and maybe experiment a bit
This ^^^, find what works best for you, BUT, whatever method you end up with, its best to make sure it generates a decent set of notes in one go "live" in the lecture room. It’s not an effective use of time re-writing notes in “neat” , you should be using that time to tackle the problem sheets that will go with the lectures and help you understand and apply the material.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you tempted to change your firm university choice on A-level results day?

Yes, I'll try and go to a uni higher up the league tables (61)
29.05%
Yes, there is a uni that I prefer and I'll fit in better (15)
7.14%
No I am happy with my choice (118)
56.19%
I'm using Clearing when I have my exam results (16)
7.62%

Watched Threads