OW432
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 months ago
Basically, I was indecisive of whether to take my insurance offer or not and completely left it on ucas. I went on ucas track and it now says accepted and the cancel button is gone. I no longer want to join the course and I’m worried I’m still going to be charged £9250. Is this the case?
OW432
Rep:
?
I have not yet enrolled*
ROTL94
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
No because you need to register on the course before you are regarded as 'enrolled'
OW432
Rep:
?
(Original post by ROTL94)
No because you need to register on the course before you are regarded as 'enrolled'
So I’m not liable to pay anything until I’ve enrolled?
ROTL94
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
(Original post by OW432)
So I’m not liable to pay anything until I’ve enrolled?
Exactly. But if there's a UCAS helpline you can call, I'd do it, because obviously that's a lot of money to just go missing.
Last edited by ROTL94; 4 months ago
OW432
Rep:
?
(Original post by ROTL94)
Exactly. But if there's a UCAS helpline you can call or maybe Student Finance, I'd do it, because obviously that's a lot of money to just go missing.
Thanks a lot mate, you don’t realise the stress you’ve just lifted. So basically I’m not trapped into the course but I should call UCAS/SF to tell them that I’ve cancelled just so they know what’s happening?
ROTL94
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
(Original post by OW432)
Thanks a lot mate, you don’t realise the stress you’ve just lifted. So basically I’m not trapped into the course but I should call UCAS/SF to tell them that I’ve cancelled just so they know what’s happening?
Yes, I thought about it some more and UCAS would be the best and maybe they can clear the erroneous acceptance so you can accept other offers without complications. Don't mention it.
PQ
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
You don’t need to ring UCAS unless you want to study somewhere else this year and want to use clearing.

You should call you insurance university up and let them know that you don’t intend to enrol/register. Enrolment/registration is where you agree to pay fees/start the course. If you don’t do that then you’re not obligated to pay anything.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have the space and resources you need to succeed in home learning?

Yes I have everything I need (455)
56.59%
I don't have everything I need (349)
43.41%

Watched Threads