Oscars introduce diversity guidelines for best picture award

Watch
Just my opinion
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
"If you have always believed that everyone should play by the same rules and be judged by the same standards, that would have gotten you labeled a radical 60 years ago, a liberal 30 years ago and a racist today."

Thomas Sowell. As ever years ahead of everyone else.
Iñigo de Loyola
  • Political Ambassador
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by Just my opinion)
"If you have always believed that everyone should play by the same rules and be judged by the same standards, that would have gotten you labeled a radical 60 years ago, a liberal 30 years ago and a racist today."

Thomas Sowell. As ever years ahead of everyone else.
Thomas Sowell was and is one of my heroes for that reason.
Just my opinion
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
He is undoubtedly the best first black president that America unfortunately never had.
I think he had too much integrity to go into politics.
Jebedee
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
This shouldn't be surprising. The few remaining that still support the Oscars are going to be well on-board with this racist stuff.
CyclinZH1
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
(Original post by Gofre)
The requirements are minimal, they can literally tick one of the two boxes with only six film crew. One of the other four criteria is literally for the distributor to have two minority employees, even interns, or even just "offer training or work opportunities to people from those underrepresented groups", it's that broad. Pretty much the only way any major Hollywood production is going to fail to meet these criteria is if they're deliberately trying not to.
So what is the point? Cheap virtue signaling?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you confident you could find support for your mental health if you needed it in COVID-19?

Yes (77)
21.51%
No (281)
78.49%

Watched Threads