How to get back natural hair colour?

Watch
WhoKnows...?
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
After dying my hair a range of dark browns over the year, I’m struggling to get back to my natural colour. I’ve had it dyed professionally, but the colour was way off my natural shade and tone. I recently bleached it and then applied two layers of a light brown dye, but that has only made my hair a murky dark blonde/ very light brown which is a little patchy. I can’t afford to get it sorted out professionally at the moment, so I feel pretty stuck with what I can do. Any help would be greatly appreciated 🙂
chphou
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Use a darker tone of browns it can help, I bleached my hair and used light brown, it doesn’t show a lot difference than the bleach colour
Either use a darker tone Color or find a colour that blends your original hair colour and leave it for now, bleaching and colouring your hair too much is not good for your scalp and your hair, it could lead to irritation and damaging your hair easily
MrSandyWilly
  • Political Ambassador
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by WhoKnows...?)
After dying my hair a range of dark browns over the year, I’m struggling to get back to my natural colour. I’ve had it dyed professionally, but the colour was way off my natural shade and tone. I recently bleached it and then applied two layers of a light brown dye, but that has only made my hair a murky dark blonde/ very light brown which is a little patchy. I can’t afford to get it sorted out professionally at the moment, so I feel pretty stuck with what I can do. Any help would be greatly appreciated 🙂
Can’t you just grow it out and slowly cut off the coloured bits?
WhoKnows...?
Rep:
?
(Original post by MrSandyWilly)
Can’t you just grow it out and slowly cut off the coloured bits?
I think the contrast would look pretty bad, considering the weird colour it is now
MrSandyWilly
  • Political Ambassador
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
I think the contrast would look pretty bad, considering the weird colour it is now
Obvs it would be a bit weird at first, but wouldn’t it slowly just become dyed ends?
WhoKnows...?
Rep:
?
(Original post by MrSandyWilly)
Obvs it would be a bit weird at first, but wouldn’t it slowly just become dyed ends?
I’m just hoping it wouldn’t look like I have a ring of colour going around my head as it grows out 😂
nursingstudentuk
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
I’m just hoping it wouldn’t look like I have a ring of colour going around my head as it grows out 😂
braid to the rescue
Nah but seriously, growing it out sounds like the best option. If you dislike the current colour, I would recommend trying to add something darker rather than lightening again, as bleaching multiple times could lead to a bit of a... hair disaster damage wise I suppose lol
WhoKnows...?
Rep:
?
(Original post by nursingstudentuk)
braid to the rescue
Nah but seriously, growing it out sounds like the best option. If you dislike the current colour, I would recommend trying to add something darker rather than lightening again, as bleaching multiple times could lead to a bit of a... hair disaster damage wise I suppose lol
Yeah, I think I’ll try and get it darker and even, then just leave it to grow out
nursingstudentuk
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Yeah, I think I’ll try and get it darker and even, then just leave it to grow out
goo luck girlie :heart:
WhoKnows...?
Rep:
?
(Original post by nursingstudentuk)
goo luck girlie :heart:
Thanks
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you confident you could find support for your mental health if you needed it in COVID-19?

Yes (85)
21.3%
No (314)
78.7%

Watched Threads