Manooka
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 months ago
Are you applying to study Speech and Language Therapy at University in 2021?
Then this is the place for you!
:danceboy:
Post below with details about your...

Course:
Universities you're applying to:

Share as much detail as you’d like and connect with other students!

You can find a big list of all the other applicant threads here as well as subject applicant threads here >>
pinkpionnies104
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Hi! I’m applying for my MSc at Leeds, Sheffield and Essex. Anyone else? Also, have any of you submitted your applications yet?
TSR :)
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
pinkpionnies104 hi! That’s exciting to hearrr
I’m applying to Sheffield, Reading, Manchester Met, BCU and Uni of Manchester. I’m thinking of deferring my application tho
pinkpionnies104
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by TSR :))
pinkpionnies104 hi! That’s exciting to hearrr
I’m applying to Sheffield, Reading, Manchester Met, BCU and Uni of Manchester. I’m thinking of deferring my application tho
For your masters? And how do you defer and for which year?
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I’m applying for varying courses (e.g BMedSci for Sheffield and Bsc for uni of Manchester, but no masters for any of the unis)
I am going to defer on my UCAS application. It’ll have a box asking whether I’d like to defer or not. And (I’m sure) u can only defer one year.

So instead of going to uni in Sep 2021, I’ll be going in Sep 2022 (I think)
I’m still trying to work out details lol

(Original post by pinkpionnies104)
For your masters? And how do you defer and for which year?
pinkpionnies104
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Oh okay that’s great! All the best to you and your future endeavours :-)
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Oh okay that’s great! All the best to you and your future endeavours :-)
Ah thank you! Hope everything works out for you too!
Tabitha.
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I've now applied for City University's MSc and I'm also preparing my application for UCL's MSc course. That's both for a 2021 start!
AspiringSLT
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Hi all! I submitted my application 4 weeks ago to the day and haven't heard anything yet other than thank-you for your application etc.

I've applied to Sheffield, Leeds Beckett, Cardiff Met, UEA and City. (All for undergraduate). I've already got a 2:1 in English Language but I thought I'd give myself the best chance of getting in by going for the undergraduate course. Has anyone had interview offers yet? (I know Sheffield aren't conducting interviews this year)
bittn
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Hi! I’m applying for the Preregistration MSc at Man Met and UCLAN. I’ve graduated this year with a first in psychology, I have experience volunteering in school with children with autism, currently volunteering helping children with low language abilities with their reading and have just started volunteering for Parkinson’s UK. Does anybody know if this experience is enough? It’s just that I’ve heard the MSc courses are quite competitive.

Thanks!
Tkt12345
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Hey I'm applying for sheffield. Anyone heard anything from them yet?
Mhazie
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
I'm applying for undergrad at Newcastle, Sheffield, Essex, UEA and Strathclyde. It's been more than 2 weeks and I've heard nothing, and I'm trying to prepare myself for a wait of months lol
AspiringSLT
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Today I got my first interview offer from Cardiff Met for the 23rd january! So excited, anyone else heard anything?
pinkpionnies104
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by AspiringSLT)
Today I got my first interview offer from Cardiff Met for the 23rd january! So excited, anyone else heard anything?
That’s awesome! Congrats and good luck! I submitted my postgraduate applications a few days ago so hopefully I hear from them within 4 weeks
Last edited by pinkpionnies104; 2 weeks ago
pinkpionnies104
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Hi all! I submitted my application 4 weeks ago to the day and haven't heard anything yet other than thank-you for your application etc.

I've applied to Sheffield, Leeds Beckett, Cardiff Met, UEA and City. (All for undergraduate). I've already got a 2:1 in English Language but I thought I'd give myself the best chance of getting in by going for the undergraduate course. Has anyone had interview offers yet? (I know Sheffield aren't conducting interviews this year)
Also how do you know they’re not conducting interviews this year (Sheffield)?
RachyB1980
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Hi has anyone heard back from Man Met, Sheffield, UCLAN, or Leeds yet for the MSc SLT?
AspiringSLT
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Also how do you know they’re not conducting interviews this year (Sheffield)?
It said it in an email i got from them thanking me for my application, and that I wouldn't hear back until january 15th at the earliest as they need everyones applications first before they assess
pinkpionnies104
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
It said it in an email i got from them thanking me for my application, and that I wouldn't hear back until january 15th at the earliest as they need everyones applications first before they assess
Oh okay! Thanks
yagv
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Does anyone have a interview with UEA for speech and language therapy undergraduate?
UCLan Student
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by RachyB1980)
Hi has anyone heard back from Man Met, Sheffield, UCLAN, or Leeds yet for the MSc SLT?
Hi RachyB1980,
Nice to hear you've applied to study with us at UCLan. Applications are being processed and it's an extremely busy time. You should hear back soon - hopefully.
Let me know when you do or if you still dont hear anything.

Best wishes,
Amarachi
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you travelling in the Uni student travel window (3-9 Dec) to go home for Christmas?

Yes (106)
28.49%
No - I have already returned home (47)
12.63%
No - I plan on travelling outside these dates (71)
19.09%
No - I'm staying at my term time address over Christmas (38)
10.22%
No - I live at home during term anyway (110)
29.57%

Watched Threads