The Student Room Group

Official Social Work Undergrad applicants thread 2021

Are you applying to study Social Work Undergrad at University in 2021?
Then this is the place for you!
:danceboy:

Post below with details about your...

Course:
Universities you're applying to:

Share as much detail as you’d like and connect with other students!

You can find a big list of all the other applicant threads here as well as subject applicant threads here >>

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Looking at doing a MA in social work at ARU Cambridge
Original post by restie
Looking at doing a MA in social work at ARU Cambridge

Did you Submit the application already ?
Reply 3
Original post by maliboo99
Did you Submit the application already ?

I am currently completing UCAS form...how about you?
I've applied to study social work at Uni of York, Uni of Birmingham, Manchester Met, Leeds Beckett and Edge Hill
Reply 5
Hello everyone applied to Ulster, Queens and Belfast met in northern ireland for social work. Actually have my video Interview for ulster next week and I only sent my application off on December 😱nervous wreck here. I know for me it's a case study and 5 questions eek
Original post by ChezzaE
Hello everyone applied to Ulster, Queens and Belfast met in northern ireland for social work. Actually have my video Interview for ulster next week and I only sent my application off on December 😱nervous wreck here. I know for me it's a case study and 5 questions eek

I've also applied to Queens and Ulster and received an email yesterday saying I will be contacted early next week with the case scenario and questions to make the video :O :O
Social work at Magee university Derry
Original post by ChezzaE

Hi there yes I have also got the interview for Magee next week. Has anyone got any advice on what to expect? Thanks
Social work at Magee university Derry
Yes, social work at Magee university Derry
Reply 11
I have my interview prep through college on Monday afternoon so I will pass on any tips from that. How are you all planning to record it.
I’m starting my second year now x
Original post by Nergisj
I’m starting my second year now x

Hi

Do you know much about the social work bursary available ?
Original post by Allmyloif3
I've applied to study social work at Uni of York, Uni of Birmingham, Manchester Met, Leeds Beckett and Edge Hill

Hey I’ve also applied to York, Birmingham and Leeds Beckett along with Salford and Leeds uni
Yes I’ve been accepted at Salford Uni :smile:
hi all I plan to record my video on my smart phone and upload it to goodle drive
hi! have my interview next week too with UU, so nervous... any one have any tips? ive applied for UU, Queens and BM, for the 2 and 3 year courses
Reply 18
Original post by Allmyloif3

have you had yours in Birmingham? if so how did it go?:smile:
Reply 19
Original post by Manooka
Are you applying to study Social Work Undergrad at University in 2021?
Then this is the place for you!
:danceboy:

Post below with details about your...

Course:
Universities you're applying to:

Share as much detail as you’d like and connect with other students!

You can find a big list of all the other applicant threads here as well as subject applicant threads here >>

i had mine for Bournemouth just this afternoon. it was a 1-1 and i was asked:

about my experience, why i wanted to do social work, i was given a video to watch and tell them what i thought about it, problems/ issues faced in the profession atm

the lady who interviewed me was really nice and it was more of a conversation, not an interrogation if anyone is really worried.
hope this helps and goodluck:smile: if anyone has applied to brighton, Swansea, UWE or Birmingham and wouldnt mind sharing how theirs went it would be really appreciated

Quick Reply