Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 2 months ago
Hello
I am an international student.
I have applied to LSE this summer for 2020/21 for Media and Communications but I have been placed on the reserve list and later got a declined offer due to the full capacity of the programme. I had the option to reinstate my offer for 2021/2022 before October. This means I I do apply, i will be one of the first applicants.

My question is:
1. Do they grant applications on a first come first serve basis? Meaning if I apply earlier does my chance of being accepted increase?

2. And my second question is, do you predict that, for international students applying for the 2021-2022 academic year, there will be a higher flux of applicants, and therefore will it be more difficult to be accepted?
Anonymous #2
Report 2 months ago
Not sure. I would like to know too.
LSE
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Hello
I am an international student.
I have applied to LSE this summer for 2020/21 for Media and Communications but I have been placed on the reserve list and later got a declined offer due to the full capacity of the programme. I had the option to reinstate my offer for 2021/2022 before October. This means I I do apply, i will be one of the first applicants.

My question is:
1. Do they grant applications on a first come first serve basis? Meaning if I apply earlier does my chance of being accepted increase?

2. And my second question is, do you predict that, for international students applying for the 2021-2022 academic year, there will be a higher flux of applicants, and therefore will it be more difficult to be accepted?
Decisions are made on a rolling basis, therefore early applications do have a greater chance of being successful.

We cannot predict what the 2021/2 application cycle will look like. Applications will not open until October 2020.
boredinthehouse
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Hi! Has anyone received a decision regarding their reinstatement request? Also, as far as I can tell, you are only allowed to submit updated Personal Statements on the reinstatement form. Could anyone who has experience with this let me know if you can also upload an updated CV at any stage during the reinstatement process? Thanks in advance!
LSE
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by boredinthehouse)
Hi! Has anyone received a decision regarding their reinstatement request? Also, as far as I can tell, you are only allowed to submit updated Personal Statements on the reinstatement form. Could anyone who has experience with this let me know if you can also upload an updated CV at any stage during the reinstatement process? Thanks in advance!
If you wish to provide updated information you can do so via the New Information Form. Guidance can be seen here.

Current processing times are outlined here. The Graduate Admissions team advise: We are currently processing reinstates from 2020/21 to 2021/22. These may not be processed in the order that they were received, but updates will be provided to all those who have requested a reinstate as soon as possible.
absolucy1999
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Does anyone know if you have to submit a new statement of purpose when you reinstate? I was under the impression that all of my documents would be re-used.
Anonymous #3
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by absolucy1999)
Does anyone know if you have to submit a new statement of purpose when you reinstate? I was under the impression that all of my documents would be re-used.
It's not mandatory to submit a new one. You have the option of amending it but you can choose to submit your old statement as it is, too.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you travelling in the Uni student travel window (3-9 Dec) to go home for Christmas?

Yes (120)
28.3%
No - I have already returned home (57)
13.44%
No - I plan on travelling outside these dates (83)
19.58%
No - I'm staying at my term time address over Christmas (40)
9.43%
No - I live at home during term anyway (124)
29.25%

Watched Threads