Want more information about this university?

Lancaster University Arrival Date Issue

Watch
AlexandraDormido
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
Lancaster University have just confirmed my place on 8th September 2020 and yesterday they sent me my accommodation details. However I do have a slight issue with the date they want me to arrive on campus. they've set my arrival date on 21st September which is way too close. i will be coming from london and my parents would have to drive me from london to lancaster. it is now too late for them to file a leave for this. what should i do? i've contacted the accommodation department about this and they suggest that make amends to my arrangements. however, i'm afraid this would not be possible.
Lancaster Student Ambassador
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by AlexandraDormido)
Lancaster University have just confirmed my place on 8th September 2020 and yesterday they sent me my accommodation details. However I do have a slight issue with the date they want me to arrive on campus. they've set my arrival date on 21st September which is way too close. i will be coming from london and my parents would have to drive me from london to lancaster. it is now too late for them to file a leave for this. what should i do? i've contacted the accommodation department about this and they suggest that make amends to my arrangements. however, i'm afraid this would not be possible.
Hi @AlexandraDormido,

I'm just checking with the accommodation team for you now. Following the flexible approach Lancaster is putting in place, there should be some flexibility with your situation.

I'll get back to you as quickly as I can!

Maria
2nd year English Literature, Creative Writing and Practice (placement year)
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are you feeling ahead of starting University?

I am excited and looking forward to starting (49)
14.29%
I am excited but have some apprehension around Covid-19 measures (47)
13.7%
I am concerned I will miss out on aspects of the uni experience due to new measures (126)
36.73%
I am concerned the Covid-19 measures at uni are not strong enough (34)
9.91%
I am nervous and feel I don't have enough information (68)
19.83%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (19)
5.54%

Watched Threads