Will it be harder to get into uni next year?!

Watch
ayahuasca
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
Hello
I am an international student.
I have applied to LSE this summer for 2020/21 for Media and Communications but I have been placed on the reserve list and later got a declined offer due to the full capacity of the programme. I had the option to reinstate my offer for 2021/2022 before October. This means I I do apply, i will be one of the first applicants.

My question is:
1. Do they grant applications on a first come first serve basis? Meaning if I apply earlier does my chance of being accepted increase?

2. And my second question is, do you predict that, for international students applying for the 2021-2022 academic year, there will be a higher flux of applicants, and therefore will it be more difficult to be accepted?
myguytyrone
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
You're posting in the post-grad forum.

If that's correct then probably not. The fiasco this year only really affects undergraduates, maybe post-grads in 4-5 years, but not next year. No idea about grants.
Xarao
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
1. Yes, your chances increase the earlier you apply IF you meet the requirements obviously.

2. Why would there be a sudden increase of applicants? People that want to go university, will. Nothing has "actually" changed.
ayahuasca
Rep:
?
(Original post by myguytyrone)

If that's correct then probably not. The fiasco this year only really affects undergraduates, maybe post-grads in 4-5 years, but not next year. No idea about grants.
Yeah! But what about the situation with COVID-19? A lot of people have differed their place for next year.
ayahuasca
Rep:
?
(Original post by myguytyrone)

Yeah! But what about the situation with COVID-19? Didn’t a lot of international postgrad applicants defer their place for next year due to the uncertainty for this year?
myguytyrone
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by ayahuasca)
Yeah! But what about the situation with COVID-19? Didn’t a lot of international postgrad applicants defer their place for next year due to the uncertainty for this year?
If I think you have the kind of offer I think you have (deferred entry for 2021 since you're already an offer holder?) then wouldn't you be fine anyway? Potentially yes, there may be more applicants, but remember that those deferring are usually the minority in any case. Either way, post-grads will be affected far less than undergrads. I wouldn't worry since post-grad entry is normally far more flexible anyway.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are you feeling ahead of starting University?

I am excited and looking forward to starting (49)
13.88%
I am excited but have some apprehension around Covid-19 measures (48)
13.6%
I am concerned I will miss out on aspects of the uni experience due to new measures (130)
36.83%
I am concerned the Covid-19 measures at uni are not strong enough (38)
10.76%
I am nervous and feel I don't have enough information (68)
19.26%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (20)
5.67%

Watched Threads