The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

I'm at Liverpool and also did another degree first - if anyone has any questions, I'm happy to answer :smile:
Reply 2
Do you guys think the number of applicants that have been guaranteed a place for entry next year because places this year are full will impact the intake for next year?
Original post by Optios6
Do you guys think the number of applicants that have been guaranteed a place for entry next year because places this year are full will impact the intake for next year?

Honestly yes - but potentially no.

Universities will be unable to increase their number of places - and if anything pending how the first semester goes and how long COVID looks to be lurking may have to decrease their places - meaning there will be fewer available offers this year.

But on the flip side I suspect many applicants could be put off going to university and may choose a gap year - If I wasn't towards the end of my course I certainly would as paying £9,250 for online lectures is not value for money to me.
Reply 4
Hi guys,
I’m an Irish graduate applicant looking to apply to Bristol, RVC & then it’s a toss up between Surrey, Harper Keele & Aberystwyth.
Unsure which two of those last three to pick because I haven’t gotten to visit any of the campuses and there isn’t much information about the new course at Aberystwyth online.
Is there any of them that are particularly difficult to get into as a graduate or are all vet unis pretty much the same?
Original post by Optios6
Hi guys,
I’m an Irish graduate applicant looking to apply to Bristol, RVC & then it’s a toss up between Surrey, Harper Keele & Aberystwyth.
Unsure which two of those last three to pick because I haven’t gotten to visit any of the campuses and there isn’t much information about the new course at Aberystwyth online.
Is there any of them that are particularly difficult to get into as a graduate or are all vet unis pretty much the same?

Aber may be a new school (as is Harper Keele) but I would personally choose both of those over Surrey - to me they lacked facilities that the newer schools seem to have but do your research and you will hopefully be able to visit virtual open days if not in person
I'm currently studying Zoology at the University of Manchester and have applied for Bristol, RVC, Harper & Keele, and Nottingham. :smile:
Original post by JessicaApple
I'm currently studying Zoology at the University of Manchester and have applied for Bristol, RVC, Harper & Keele, and Nottingham. :smile:

Hello @JessicaApple. I am so glad to see that you have applied to Keele! I just wanted to let you know that if you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask me! :smile:
Original post by tabularasa23
Hi! I'd love to know how you're affording it, I would to be able to consider it but I can't because of cost! :frown:

I get max maintenance loan which helps a lot! Plus some savings from when i worked during my first degree, and a job whilst in vet school
Original post by tabularasa23
Hi! I'd love to know how you're affording it, I would to be able to consider it but I can't because of cost! :frown:

Feel free to PM me if you’d like to talk more specifically about finances :smile:
Original post by Optios6
Hi guys,
Is there any of them that are particularly diffHicult to get into as a graduate or are all vet unis pretty much the same?

Hiya! I was in a similar position, went for HarperxKeele and Surrey in the end, how about you?
Reply 11
Original post by Caspland
Hiya! I was in a similar position, went for HarperxKeele and Surrey in the end, how about you?

Hey, I applied for Bristol, Aber, HK & Surrey in the end! Good luck with your applications :smile:
Original post by Optios6
Hey, I applied for Bristol, Aber, HK & Surrey in the end! Good luck with your applications :smile:

Went for RVC, Bristol, Surrey and HK in the end! Thank you - keeping all my fingers and toes crossed, good luck to you too :smile:
Original post by Caspland

Original post by Optios6

Hi guys! Sorry to jump on the thread. Just wanted to say I am so glad to see that you have chosen Harper-Keele! If you have any questions regarding Keele university or the course, I am here to help. :smile:
Hi, Have any of you heard from Bristol / RVC yet?I see a lot of people getting offers in the undergraduate thread but I know the postgrad application process is being done differerntly, was wondering if anyone has any idea when we should expect to hear from these two?
Reply 15
Original post by joedvivre
Hi, Have any of you heard from Bristol / RVC yet?I see a lot of people getting offers in the undergraduate thread but I know the postgrad application process is being done differerntly, was wondering if anyone has any idea when we should expect to hear from these two?

I have an interview for the 4yr Bristol course next month, I know they’re interviewing up until March so could be that they’re doing it in batches.
Original post by Cesc31
I have an interview for the 4yr Bristol course next month, I know they’re interviewing up until March so could be that they’re doing it in batches.

Ah ok great, thanks for the reply and good luck with the interview!
Reply 17
Original post by joedvivre
Ah ok great, thanks for the reply and good luck with the interview!

Thanks! Good luck to you too!
Has anyone heard from RVC after interview yet? Also what 5 year courses have people applied for?

I've applied to RVC accelerated and Surrey, Nottingham and Liverpool 5 year, currently have offers from Liverpool and Surrey and waiting to hear from Nottingham and RVC after interview.
Original post by vetapp2020LNRS
Has anyone heard from RVC after interview yet? Also what 5 year courses have people applied for?

I've applied to RVC accelerated and Surrey, Nottingham and Liverpool 5 year, currently have offers from Liverpool and Surrey and waiting to hear from Nottingham and RVC after interview.

Hi, I haven't heard from RVC after my interview in November either. I rang the admissions office the other day and they said they weren't expecting to send out offers until as late as March! So they must be planning to finish all the interviews before giving any offers.

I've applied for 5 yr courses at Liverpool and HK and have offers from both. Still waiting for my Bristol 4 year interview.

Latest