Official Veterinary Medicine (Graduate Entry) applicants thread 2021

Watch
Manooka
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Are you applying to study Veterinary Medicine (Graduate Entry) at University in 2021?
Then this is the place for you!
:danceboy:
Post below with details about your...

Course:
Universities you're applying to:

Share as much detail as you’d like and connect with other students!

You can find a big list of all the other applicant threads here as well as subject applicant threads here >>
vetstudent123
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
I'm at Liverpool and also did another degree first - if anyone has any questions, I'm happy to answer
Optios6
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Do you guys think the number of applicants that have been guaranteed a place for entry next year because places this year are full will impact the intake for next year?
TheWannabeFarmer
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Optios6)
Do you guys think the number of applicants that have been guaranteed a place for entry next year because places this year are full will impact the intake for next year?
Honestly yes - but potentially no.

Universities will be unable to increase their number of places - and if anything pending how the first semester goes and how long COVID looks to be lurking may have to decrease their places - meaning there will be fewer available offers this year.

But on the flip side I suspect many applicants could be put off going to university and may choose a gap year - If I wasn't towards the end of my course I certainly would as paying £9,250 for online lectures is not value for money to me.
Optios6
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Hi guys,
I’m an Irish graduate applicant looking to apply to Bristol, RVC & then it’s a toss up between Surrey, Harper Keele & Aberystwyth.
Unsure which two of those last three to pick because I haven’t gotten to visit any of the campuses and there isn’t much information about the new course at Aberystwyth online.
Is there any of them that are particularly difficult to get into as a graduate or are all vet unis pretty much the same?
TheWannabeFarmer
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Optios6)
Hi guys,
I’m an Irish graduate applicant looking to apply to Bristol, RVC & then it’s a toss up between Surrey, Harper Keele & Aberystwyth.
Unsure which two of those last three to pick because I haven’t gotten to visit any of the campuses and there isn’t much information about the new course at Aberystwyth online.
Is there any of them that are particularly difficult to get into as a graduate or are all vet unis pretty much the same?
Aber may be a new school (as is Harper Keele) but I would personally choose both of those over Surrey - to me they lacked facilities that the newer schools seem to have but do your research and you will hopefully be able to visit virtual open days if not in person
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (33)
16.5%
I'm not sure (7)
3.5%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (70)
35%
I have already dropped out (3)
1.5%
I'm not a current university student (87)
43.5%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed