melzz319
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
Hello everyone!Can an EU student get a maintenance loan? I am a full-time student, I finished my first year of uni and I worked during. The place where I worked paid me very little, the money I got was only enough for food and I only have one parent who can support me financially, but not for long. COVID happened too so I wasn't working in the past few months, but I started to apply for jobs again and I am hoping to find one where I can work at least 24-30 hours a week. But I would also like to apply for the support.
chelseafan
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
You can only get help with your living costs if you’ve lived in the UK for more than 5 years before the first day of the first academic year of your course.
hideyuki
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
yes, you can if you apply as a migrant worker. do apply this year because next year, things might change for us .
Shirohige
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by melzz319)
Hello everyone!Can an EU student get a maintenance loan? I am a full-time student, I finished my first year of uni and I worked during. The place where I worked paid me very little, the money I got was only enough for food and I only have one parent who can support me financially, but not for long. COVID happened too so I wasn't working in the past few months, but I started to apply for jobs again and I am hoping to find one where I can work at least 24-30 hours a week. But I would also like to apply for the support.
Hi.

It's likely you wouldn't be accepted until you have employment so if you apply now you will likely see a delay.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you confident you could find support for your mental health if you needed it in COVID-19?

Yes (0)
0%
No (9)
100%

Watched Threads