Official Mature Students 2021 University Applicants

Watch
Manooka
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
:hello:
This is the thread for Mature Students who are thinking of applying to University in 2021!

Meet and chat to other people applying here. Ice breaker questions:

What course are you applying for?
What subjects are you studying now?

You can find a big list of all the other applicant threads here >>
brightonpeapods
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I'm thinking of applying to Kings College for Neuropsychology. :eek: I've just started an access course in Health and Health Sciences.
I'm incredibly mature age-wise, not so much mentally.
username3087906
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
hello hello! I am applying to law to a bunch of schools (won't try to jinx them), but I am currently finishing up my BA in the US, so I'll be an international and mature student!
elliemc24
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Hi! I'm applying to study English Lit, and am currently self studying that at A level, but going to swap to an Access to Humanities course at a local FE college instead. Nervously excited!
I'm planning to apply to York, Kent, Southampton, Surrey and Winchester.
Ari45321
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Hi everyone.

I am applying for graduate entry LLBs as well. To the date, I have only decided on QMUL's course.
I have two master's degrees from my older times in unrelated fields, Biology and Anthropology. However have spend a long good time with kids after that at home, so time to start fresh! I am international too.
Ormey
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
I'm 51, currently studying Access to HE humanities.

Hoping to study philosophy and English starting 2021, if I achieve good enough grades, at a Russell Group uni.

I feel younger now than when I was young.

And wiser.
applyingintrees
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Hi guys, I'm 30 and applying this year as a mature student to 5 different uni's. I never got the chance to go when I was younger due to mental health reasons and now I'm applying. I'm super excited to follow everyone's journey and see how we do!
Rainbowpink1999x
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
21 current studying science access course! hoping to study chemistry at university, dream uni atm would be UCL but a bit concerned about it being competitive and not getting in? also interested in uni of bristol, kings, uni of manchester, uni of nottingham and uni birmingham. finding it difficult to choose places tho without being able to visit due to covid
brightonpeapods
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
So do I. We are similar ages.
What is the Russell group?
joanneg76
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Hi, I'm 44 and currently doing Access to science. I'm applying to all London unis as I need to live at home so will be commuting. I want to study nutrition and I'm interested in KCL, but worried about achieving the distinctions needed. Also looking at London Met and Westminster.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (55)
15.58%
I'm not sure (9)
2.55%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (122)
34.56%
I have already dropped out (6)
1.7%
I'm not a current university student (161)
45.61%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed