The Student Room Group

Official Italian Students 2021 University Applicants

This is the thread for Italian Students who are thinking of applying to UK Universities in 2021!

Meet and chat to other people applying here. Ice breaker questions:

What course are you applying for?
What subjects are you studying now?

You can find a big list of all the other applicant threads here >>
Oh I wish there was replies on this. It would be cool to see some Italian students coming to study in the U.K. as I’m trying to learn Italian
Original post by cchloepx
Oh I wish there was replies on this. It would be cool to see some Italian students coming to study in the U.K. as I’m trying to learn Italian

Hey, i'm an italian applicant. I never noticed this thread before
Ciao a tutti, frequento il primo anno in "Accounting and Finance". Qualora abbiate delle domande rispondete a questo thread e cerchero' di dare una mano se possibile.
How do you even afford the Overseas fees now that Brexit actually happened? I was thinking about studying in the UK when the situation was still uncertain and, if I couldn't afford to take out loans and pay for the cost of life in a major England city, I could still think about studying in Scotland, where the tuition for EU students was basically covered.

But what about now? How do you afford around 30.000 pounds a year, plus something like another 10.000 for maintenance? This is almost double the amount of my parents combined income lol. Are there any particual scholarships that I'm missing? The ones I saw give you 2.000 at MOST, and for Internation students there's just so few of them.
Or I don't know, maybe all the International and EU applicants are simply rich I guess lol.
Original post by MostlyRandom
How do you even afford the Overseas fees now that Brexit actually happened? I was thinking about studying in the UK when the situation was still uncertain and, if I couldn't afford to take out loans and pay for the cost of life in a major England city, I could still think about studying in Scotland, where the tuition for EU students was basically covered.

But what about now? How do you afford around 30.000 pounds a year, plus something like another 10.000 for maintenance? This is almost double the amount of my parents combined income lol. Are there any particual scholarships that I'm missing? The ones I saw give you 2.000 at MOST, and for Internation students there's just so few of them.
Or I don't know, maybe all the International and EU applicants are simply rich I guess lol.

Or maybe you outright omitted the part where the repayments are tied to your income and, overall, unless you end up earning in the top 5%, you'll never pay back the entire credit which gets written-off after 30 years.
Wait a second- are student loans even available for non-Home students?
Wait a second- are student loans even available for non-Home students?

I don't think so, no.
Original post by arguelles
I don't think so, no.

Yep, that’s the problem then
Original post by not2friedplz
Ciao a tutti, frequento il primo anno in "Accounting and Finance". Qualora abbiate delle domande rispondete a questo thread e cerchero' di dare una mano se possibile.

Ciao! Stavo pensando di provare ad entrare in un università britannica quest'anno. Nel compilare L UCAS ho visto che chiedono i predicted grades per la fine del liceo come faccio a fornirli? Faccio una stima del voto della maturità basandomi sui crediti degli ultimi due anni? Te come hai fatto? Grazie mille.
Original post by Damiano993
Ciao! Stavo pensando di provare ad entrare in un università britannica quest'anno. Nel compilare L UCAS ho visto che chiedono i predicted grades per la fine del liceo come faccio a fornirli? Faccio una stima del voto della maturità basandomi sui crediti degli ultimi due anni? Te come hai fatto? Grazie mille.

Quando io ho applicato avevo gia' i risultati; la tua opzione sembra valida comunque.
Yep, that’s the problem then

It really boils down to whether you were living here before Brexit. If so, you're supposed to have your pre-settled or settled status which grants you the same SFE rights as you had Pre-Brexit. If they come after, you're absolutely right, I got no idea either. Probably take out private loans... Sad.
An information Guys how does
my teacher submit my reference. I know i have to give his personal data like address and e mail but then? Do i have to send the whole application? And Do they have to login on Ucas to send it? In case they would have the same deadline right?

Quick Reply

Latest