Official Canadian Students 2021 University Applicants

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
This is the thread for Canadian Students who are thinking of applying to UK Universities in 2021!

Meet and chat to other people applying here. Ice breaker questions:

What course are you applying for?
What subjects are you studying now?

You can find a big list of all the other applicant threads here >>
pondwat3r
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
Hi! I'm applying with the normal BC diploma so its pretty sus but its alright. I chose Bristol, UCL, St Andrews and Edinburgh for my programs and I plan on studying English. Although living and studying in England has always been the dream, I don't want to be in debt for the rest of my days and wont be attending unless I get a scholarship (probably). Anyhow, I applied in late January and have heard back from Bristol but no others quite yet. I already got offers from all the Canadian unis I applied to so now its just a waiting game. Cheers!
Anonymous #2
Report 7 months ago
(Original post by pondwat3r)
Hi! I'm applying with the normal BC diploma so its pretty sus but its alright. I chose Bristol, UCL, St Andrews and Edinburgh for my programs and I plan on studying English. Although living and studying in England has always been the dream, I don't want to be in debt for the rest of my days and wont be attending unless I get a scholarship (probably). Anyhow, I applied in late January and have heard back from Bristol but no others quite yet. I already got offers from all the Canadian unis I applied to so now its just a waiting game. Cheers!
Have you received from McGill?
I applied since November but still have not heard back.
For toronto, I have received offers from all the campuses I applied.
For UBC, I applied really really late. So I expect to get an offer late as well.

Anyway in the UK, I have offers from Manchester Bristol Sheffield. Waiting from UCL.
For Cambridge, I got the interviewed and I was pooled. Then the application was unsuccessful.

I have (achieved not predicted)
A Level Maths - A* (100% UMS)
A Level Further Maths - A* (100% UMS)
A Level Physics - A* (97% UMS)
AS Level Chemistry - A (92% UMS)
pondwat3r
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Have you received from McGill?
I applied since November but still have not heard back.
For toronto, I have received offers from all the campuses I applied.
For UBC, I applied really really late. So I expect to get an offer late as well.

Anyway in the UK, I have offers from Manchester Bristol Sheffield. Waiting from UCL.
For Cambridge, I got the interviewed and I was pooled. Then the application was unsuccessful.

I have (achieved not predicted)
A Level Maths - A* (100% UMS)
A Level Further Maths - A* (100% UMS)
A Level Physics - A* (97% UMS)
AS Level Chemistry - A (92% UMS)
Yeah I got my McGill acceptance for Arts on February 4th. For UofT i got accepted to st. george Trinity College. Dont worry though, different programs accept at different times! I'm waiting on UCL too! I hear they have too many apps so they're taking a while.
You seem like a great candidate! Here are some of my marks: AP Psychology: 97%, Anatomy and Physiology: 98%, AP studio art: 95%, English Studies 12: 95%, AP European History: 92%. I have a bunch more art and English classes that are in the same ballpark but idk which ones are considered as "academic" per se.
Anonymous #2
Report 7 months ago
Yeah I got my McGill acceptance for Arts on February 4th. For UofT i got accepted to st. george Trinity College. Dont worry though, different programs accept at different times! I'm waiting on UCL too! I hear they have too many apps so they're taking a while.
You seem like a great candidate! Here are some of my marks: AP Psychology: 97%, Anatomy and Physiology: 98%, AP studio art: 95%, English Studies 12: 95%, AP European History: 92%. I have a bunch more art and English classes that are in the same ballpark but idk which ones are considered as "academic" per se.
Btw no offense, just asking.
Why do some people like to use the term accepted/acceptance instead of offer?
Technically I think offer is a more accurate term to use?
pondwat3r
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Btw no offense, just asking.
Why do some people like to use the term accepted/acceptance instead of offer?
Technically I think offer is a more accurate term to use?
"admitted" and "accepted" are less wordy than saying "given an offer". Um they're interchangeable and in general my peers and I use accepted and offer is more of a British thing. It doesn't really matter though.
Gimmeoffers
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
Same here. Got McGill BA as well as Bcom from Desautels. UofT (Rotman commerce, Trinity college) and UBC (sauder) offers too.
pondwat3r
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
(Original post by Gimmeoffers)
Same here. Got McGill BA as well as Bcom from Desautels. UofT (Rotman commerce, Trinity college) and UBC (sauder) offers too.
Ayy! Do you know where you want to go? Canada or UK I mean.
Gimmeoffers
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
Ayy! Do you know where you want to go? Canada or UK I mean.
Don't know. Haven't decided.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What support do you need with your UCAS application?

I need help researching unis (5)
9.09%
I need help researching courses (5)
9.09%
I need help with filling out the application form (3)
5.45%
I need help with my personal statement (24)
43.64%
I need help with understanding how to make my application stand out (13)
23.64%
I need help with something else (let us know in the thread!) (2)
3.64%
I'm feeling confident about my application and don't need any help at the moment (3)
5.45%

Watched Threads