Official Hong Kong University 2021 applicant thread

Watch
hairbear190
Badges: 9
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
I actually finished my A levels few months ago, i achieved 4A* and I'm applying to Medicine.
I think they are interviewing the most competitive applicants first
Anonymous #2
Report 1 year ago
What courses/Universities are you applying for?
Medicine at CUHK

What subjects are you studying now?
Physics, Chemistry, Biology, Maths, Further Maths - 5A* predictions
*****deadness
Badges: 19
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 year ago
What courses/Universities are you applying for?
Medicine at CUHK

What subjects are you studying now?
Physics, Chemistry, Biology, Maths, Further Maths - 5A* predictions
Amazing. A few from the class at my school the year above went into medicine too, HKU I think maybe also CUHK, but they only had 4A*, and they were the center assessed grades from last June. You have a very solid chance
Anonymous #2
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by *****deadness)
Amazing. A few from the class at my school the year above went into medicine too, HKU I think maybe also CUHK, but they only had 4A*, and they were the center assessed grades from last June. You have a very solid chance
ahahaha thank you do you know whether the conditional offer includes something similar to a UMS score or not - because on their website they said it requires a UMS of 97% or above or something similar to that. Also, I'm also considering other UK unis so i guess cuhk is my second choice (?)
*****deadness
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
ahahaha thank you do you know whether the conditional offer includes something similar to a UMS score or not - because on their website they said it requires a UMS of 97% or above or something similar to that. Also, I'm also considering other UK unis so i guess cuhk is my second choice (?)
No idea, but I did hear 95% UMS is a good target. 97% is insane but I wouldn’t be too surprised if they changed it to that
avengingwinter
Badges: 10
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
Nice, but are you considering coming back to HK for career ?
If yes, you might want to consider CUHK more closely, bc that HK licensing test ...
Anonymous #2
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by *****deadness)
No idea, but I did hear 95% UMS is a good target. 97% is insane but I wouldn’t be too surprised if they changed it to that
it might be 95% - but i'm aiming for GPS, which i'm pretty sure is 97%
Anonymous #2
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by avengingwinter)
Nice, but are you considering coming back to HK for career ?
If yes, you might want to consider CUHK more closely, bc that HK licensing test ...
tbh i'm still not too sure yet - i don't mind working in either HK or UK, but i think there would be more opportunities for research in the UK, which I'm really interested in.
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by hairbear190)
Hey I received it as well, is it programme based or is this some first round interview where this determines whether we are eligible for the second interview which is program based? I’m really not sure
I have mine on the 13th, how about you?
hairbear190
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by 8013)
I have mine on the 13th, how about you?
Same
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
Same
Is it in the afternoon at 4:30? I may be able to see your face XD
Last edited by 8013; 1 year ago
Anonymous #1
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by 8013)
Is it in the afternoon at 4:30? I may be able to see your face
Mine on 13th 330, do you think this interview is important?
Lam234567
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
Anyone of you doing further maths could help me on further maths? I am self studying further maths and really struggle
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
Mine on 13th 330, do you think this interview is important?
I think they want a clearer picture of how a person may adapt to university.
I am just after you.
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
Same
How did yours go? Mine went really well. I made a really big contribution by inviting a person who was very passive in the discussion to express his opinion.
hairbear190
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by 8013)
How did yours go? Mine went really well. I made a really big contribution by inviting a person who was very passive in the discussion to express his opinion.
Mine went well. I was initially challenged but I redeemed myself by covering other points which he didn’t challenge. The guy who challenged me tho was applying to LLB Law and MBBS how tf does that work
avengingwinter
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
Mine went well. I was initially challenged but I redeemed myself by covering other points which he didn’t challenge. The guy who challenged me tho was applying to LLB Law and MBBS how tf does that work
hi, I think I might know that guy - if you know his name
I have a friend who fits your description, he doesn't give a damn abt his law app
hairbear190
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
hi, I think I might know that guy - if you know his name
I have a friend who fits your description, he doesn't give a damn abt his law app
The guy is called Jonathan Cheung, smart guy.
avengingwinter
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
The guy is called Jonathan Cheung, smart guy.
JKHASFJALKHAFHkfAHFl JC HES MY FRIEND !! WE WERE JUST TALKING ABT IT THIS MORNING
he doesn't give a damn abt law dw
hairbear190
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
JKHASFJALKHAFHkfAHFl JC HES MY FRIEND !! WE WERE JUST TALKING ABT IT THIS MORNING
he doesn't give a damn abt law dw
Yo which school does he go to
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How would you describe the quality of the digital skills you're taught at school?

Excellent (18)
8.29%
Okay (64)
29.49%
A bit lacking (81)
37.33%
Not good at all (54)
24.88%

Watched Threads