Jfhebbhs
Badges: 7
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Hi there,
I am a second year high school student from Egypt (general high school certificate),and i am looking forward to study a foundation program (biology&chemistry pathway) in the UK after my high school.so i have question:
1-When should i take my UCAT exam ( after grade 11 of high school exams or after grade 12 of high school exams) ?
2-when should i start my application process ? (after grade 11 of high school exams or after grade 12 of high school exams) ?

IMPORTANT NOTE assume that i should start my course september 2022).
bored_user:)
Badges: 22
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 year ago
If you want to start your course in 2022 then:

1. Take your exam whenever you want but if you have taken it before you complete your application then give them your grade 12 scores AND grade 11 scores but if you take year 12 after you finish your application give them your grade 11 scores and put grade 12 as "pending"

2. You need to complete your application by the 15th of Jan 2022 and applications will start in early september of next year!
PurpleCat4
Badges: 13
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Jfhebbhs)
Hi there,
I am a second year high school student from Egypt (general high school certificate),and i am looking forward to study a foundation program (biology&chemistry pathway) in the UK after my high school.so i have question:
1-When should i take my UCAT exam ( after grade 11 of high school exams or after grade 12 of high school exams) ?
2-when should i start my application process ? (after grade 11 of high school exams or after grade 12 of high school exams) ?

IMPORTANT NOTE assume that i should start my course september 2022).
If you are starting in september 2022 for medicine, then you should take your UCAT and BMAT exams in september 2021. As dedlines for applying to medicine related course is October 2021.
i hope i was able to help and answer your question.
Jfhebbhs
Rep:
(Original post by PurpleCat4)
If you are starting in september 2022 for medicine, then you should take your UCAT and BMAT exams in september 2021. As dedlines for applying to medicine related course is October 2021.
i hope i was able to help and answer your question.
First thing i want to apply for foundation course which will start in september 2022.Also,BMAT exam is not required for medicine in some schools such as King's college london.Am i right ?
PurpleCat4
Badges: 13
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
First thing i want to apply for foundation course which will start in september 2022.Also,BMAT exam is not required for medicine in some schools such as King's college london.Am i right ?
"The Biomedical Admissions Test (BMAT) is required by universities across the UK, Spain, the Netherlands, Thailand and Malaysia for entry into a medicine, or dentistry programme." this is what i found online.
Jfhebbhs
Rep:
(Original post by bored_user:))
If you want to start your course in 2022 then:

1. Take your exam whenever you want but if you have taken it before you complete your application then give them your grade 12 scores AND grade 11 scores but if you take year 12 after you finish your application give them your grade 11 scores and put grade 12 as "pending"

2. You need to complete your application by the 15th of Jan 2022 and applications will start in early september of next year!
You mean that i can take the UCAT exam either after i finish grade 11 or after i finish grade 12 ?

Also you mean that should start my application process as early as i can in 2021 and submit it by 15th of Jan 2022 ?
Jfhebbhs
Rep:
(Original post by PurpleCat4)
"The Biomedical Admissions Test (BMAT) is required by universities across the UK, Spain, the Netherlands, Thailand and Malaysia for entry into a medicine, or dentistry programme." this is what i found online.
Yes that is true,but i am asking specifically about UCAT exam which i need to prepare for to start foundation course then after this course i will apply for medicine in the UK
bored_user:)
Badges: 22
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
You mean that i can take the UCAT exam either after i finish grade 11 or after i finish grade 12 ?

Also you mean that should start my application process as early as i can in 2021 and submit it by 15th of Jan 2022 ?
You can take in 2021.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How would you describe the quality of the digital skills you're taught at school?

Excellent (21)
8.82%
Okay (69)
28.99%
A bit lacking (89)
37.39%
Not good at all (59)
24.79%

Watched Threads