The Student Room Group

Official USA/Ivy League 2021 University applicant thread

This is the thread for people who are thinking of applying to USA/Ivy League Universities in 2021!

Meet and chat to other people applying here. Ice breaker questions:

What courses/Universities are you applying for?
What subjects are you studying now?

You can find a big list of all the other applicant threads here >>
@Manooka - Could this thread be moved the Studying in North America Forum?
Hi, is anyone looking to apply to harvard?
Reply 3
Original post by a.armenta
Hi, is anyone looking to apply to harvard?

I applied to Harvard in October.
Original post by S0FT
I applied to Harvard in October.

How'd it go, and what were your stats like if you don't mind me asking :biggrin:
Reply 5
Original post by AnaaaElec
How'd it go, and what were your stats like if you don't mind me asking :biggrin:

Hi,

I am French and studying in a boarding school in the UK for 2 years.

I don’t have any GCSE’s but have the French equivalent in which I got a perfect score - 100% across 9 subjects. Concerning A-Levels, I passed Further Maths as a private candidate 2 years ago and got an A* and I have A*AA as predicted grades (maths, economics and accountancy respectively).

Regarding extra-curriculars, I did 4 internships - marketing department, private equity, hedge fund and asset management.
I also won a certification for the high performance I achieved in a nation wide portfolio management contest last year - top 30 out of more than 12 000 teams.

Harvard is quite a long shot, I am not expecting anything. The idea did not came naturally to me, my grand parents forced me to apply - also, my grand mother has been a lecturer at the Harvard Business School.

Moreover, I did an interview with an Harvard alumni last week.
Good luck on your applications :wink:
Original post by S0FT
Hi,

I am French and studying in a boarding school in the UK for 2 years.

I don’t have any GCSE’s but have the French equivalent in which I got a perfect score - 100% across 9 subjects. Concerning A-Levels, I passed Further Maths as a private candidate 2 years ago and got an A* and I have A*AA as predicted grades (maths, economics and accountancy respectively).

Regarding extra-curriculars, I did 4 internships - marketing department, private equity, hedge fund and asset management.
I also won a certification for the high performance I achieved in a nation wide portfolio management contest last year - top 30 out of more than 12 000 teams.

Harvard is quite a long shot, I am not expecting anything. The idea did not came naturally to me, my grand parents forced me to apply - also, my grand mother has been a lecturer at the Harvard Business School.

Moreover, I did an interview with an Harvard alumni last week.
Good luck on your applications :wink:

Those are amazing stats, best of luck on your app too! :biggrin:
Reply 7
Original post by AnaaaElec
Those are amazing stats, best of luck on your app too! :biggrin:

What other universities have you applied to ?
What are your stats ?

Best regards
This is a link to another forum where there are more of us applying for the class of '25 in the US!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending