Excessive sweating

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
I am a 16 year old boy and I excessively sweat in my groin area (balls) and my armpits. I also sweat a lot under my arm pits. Is there anything I can do to help stop it as loose boxers don't work that well. Do I use talcum powder, wear incontinence pads, don't wear underwear, spray my balls with Deodrant or what? I just don't know. Is there anything I can get like to stick against my balls to absorb the sweat cause my underwear gets so damp. I also have night sweats, how do I stop my sheets getting damp. I just need some guidance please on how to help cope with it
Anonymous #2
Report 1 week ago
Don't spray anything on your balls, especially not aerosols. And yes, wear underwear. If you're overweight then that might be the problem but if not then perhaps you have a glandular problem, have you asked your GP? You could have just not found your ideal deodorant but that doesn't explain the groin sweat, which is normal but not really to a wet level. Talc works I think yes, but I'm not sure to what degree and I'm also not sure if it works on your arms.
GP probably best bet, could be a puberty thing or perhaps a gland issue
Anonymous #1
I haven't told GP and don't really want to speak to then just wondering how to cope with it
Anonymous #3
Report 1 week ago
Wear loose underwear, wear loose trousers (preferable cotton) or even shorts, change you underwear more often. Trimming your pubic hair can may help as well.

I would also encourage you to see your GP if you are having night sweats - it might just be that your duvet is too hot, but there might be something more serious going on.
Anonymous #1
Will trimming public hair work then? Cause I haven't done that for months. Do I trim or shave it?
Anonymous #3
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Will trimming public hair work then? Cause I haven't done that for months. Do I trim or shave it?
try trimming it really short
Anonymous #1
I'll try trimming it. How do you apply talcum powder. Do you pour it down your underwear front and back or apply it slightly on underwear on on skin. Or like I said do you just pour it everywhere?????
Anonymous #3
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
I'll try trimming it. How do you apply talcum powder. Do you pour it down your underwear front and back or apply it slightly on underwear on on skin. Or like I said do you just pour it everywhere?????
put it on a tissue and then rub it onto the skin
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Has your university communicated any last minute changes?

Yes, and they were what I was expecting (10)
17.86%
Yes, and they were not what I was hoping for (15)
26.79%
Yes, and they don't change my view on attending uni (3)
5.36%
No, I haven't received any communication (28)
50%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed