Report 1 week ago
I got into UVic
WhyJustRun?
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Sradhadash)
When you said Vancouver is competitive, which league you will put it as they do not have a min grade requirement for IB international, what was the stats for your batch?
I'm not quite sure what you're asking tbh but I'll try. While it's true that they don't post a minimum grade, the average high school grade of the engineering entering class in Vancouver is well into the mid 90s (it's lower in the Okanagan). As far as admissions averages go, this makes it one of the most competitive undergrad programs in the country (in theory). UBC is also very big on holistic admissions processes meaning the students with the top grades don't always get the seats in the top programs.
That said, I can't really speak to it personally as it wasn't my program; I was a domestic, in-province, student in biochemistry. The information I have is second hand.
Sradhadash
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
(Original post by WhyJustRun?)
I'm not quite sure what you're asking tbh but I'll try. While it's true that they don't post a minimum grade, the average high school grade of the engineering entering class in Vancouver is well into the mid 90s (it's lower in the Okanagan). As far as admissions averages go, this makes it one of the most competitive undergrad programs in the country (in theory). UBC is also very big on holistic admissions processes meaning the students with the top grades don't always get the seats in the top programs.
That said, I can't really speak to it personally as it wasn't my program; I was a domestic, in-province, student in biochemistry. The information I have is second hand.
That helps thank you
shrikha
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
Got an offer from McGill for both Chemical Engineering and Physical Sciences on the 16th of February! (P.S: I applied on Jan 13th) Got an offer from Uni of Alberta for Chemical Engineering as well Super excited!
Last edited by shrikha; 5 days ago
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Following the government's announcement, do you think you will be awarded a fair grade this year?

Yes (404)
52.33%
No (368)
47.67%

Watched Threads