Official Netherlands 2021 University applicant thread

Watch
Manooka
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
This is the thread for people who are thinking of applying to University in Netherlands for 2021!

Meet and chat to other people applying here. Ice breaker questions:

What courses/Universities are you applying for?
What subjects are you studying now?

You can find a big list of all the other applicant threads here >>
marfitoes
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Hi! I'm Mari, and I go to high school in California. I'm in a community college course to further advance my studies (yeah, it's actually a really good college, not a joke as the media makes community colleges look :P). I'm looking to apply to Amsterdam University College and University College Maastricht in the Social Sciences track, with a focus on international relations. I actually am hearing things about AUC not being particularly great, so I'm also checking out schools in Germany, France, Spain, etc. Although I must say that Nederland is where I really want to go I haven't seen any other US students applying to NL, feel free to PM me if you are as well!! <3
KV14
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
hi everyone!
i go to school in india, and i'm thinking of applying for PPLE at UvA. dunno if i'll get in lol but worth a shot
: )
rzr333
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Hi I'm applying to Leiden university college, their program is apparently very good for Social sciences and International relations if you want to check it out.
(Original post by marfitoes)
Hi! I'm Mari, and I go to high school in California. I'm in a community college course to further advance my studies (yeah, it's actually a really good college, not a joke as the media makes community colleges look :P). I'm looking to apply to Amsterdam University College and University College Maastricht in the Social Sciences track, with a focus on international relations. I actually am hearing things about AUC not being particularly great, so I'm also checking out schools in Germany, France, Spain, etc. Although I must say that Nederland is where I really want to go I haven't seen any other US students applying to NL, feel free to PM me if you are as well!! <3
melissarochee
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by Manooka)
https://static.thestudentroom.co.uk/...lies/hello.gif
This is the thread for people who are thinking of applying to University in Netherlands for 2021!

Meet and chat to other people applying here. Ice breaker questions:

What courses/Universities are you applying for?
What subjects are you studying now?

You can find a big list of all the other applicant threads here >>
Hi! I'm Melissa and I'm from Canada I recently graduated with a Bachelor of Arts with a double major in English and Geography. I'm starting the application process for the Human Geography Masters at Utrecht University and I have also been trying to decide between some other Human Geography and Planning Masters in the Netherlands! I am strongly considering the University of Amsterdam as well.
via3077
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Hey! Im a senior in highschool right now in the U.S (nevada). Im planning on applying to colleges in the netherlands mainly because ive looked into applying in other countries but the netherlands is main my focus (also the fact that english is more prevalent there). Im really stressed out with the whole process since no one else I know is applying international and I would love any advice from anyone who lives in the netherlands or other students that have gone international. I've so far looked at maastricht (but i haven't heard very good things from some of the threads on here) and leiden. The application process also doesn't seem that bad compared to U.S schools since there's no need for recommendation letters or even SAT and ACT test scores, only a motivational letter and highschool information. As far as my field of interests, I would like to go into the environmental field (science). Anyways, any advice would be great! And I'd be so grateful if anyone could PM me if they're in the same situation or just have advice
Lucas_17
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Hey, I'm Lucas, I'm planning on applying for Liberal Arts and Social Sciences courses at Utrecht and Maastricht, I'm applying for liberal arts courses since most international universities don't offer classics/ancient history as single courses, but I actually also really like the idea of coming up with my own curriculum. I'm currently doing the IB (my subjects are HL: History, music, and eng lit, SL: italian b, physics, and maths applications) at a British school in Italy
AbdallaOsama
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Hi! I'm doing A Levels, and will be applying for Political Sciences at the Uni of Amsterdam hopefully! Would love to know if anyone else is applying there for this course, or if you have any advice!
pinkturtle123
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Hi im Alex from Switzerland applying for languages + business/marketing
sm2908
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Skira from the US, I am applying to the University of Groningen and Maastricht Uni for Medicine? How are you all feeling about the application process...:confused:
susana02
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by sm2908)
Skira from the US, I am applying to the University of Groningen and Maastricht Uni for Medicine? How are you all feeling about the application process...:confused:
Hi! I also want to do that. A Little Scared, i read that it’s pretty tough. I’m from Romania
sm2908
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by susana02)
Hi! I also want to do that. A Little Scared, i read that it’s pretty tough. I’m from Romania
Yeah but if this is what we want we just have to keep working hard! I want to stay as realistically optimistic as possible haha...
The online site mentions we have to take some exams do you know if they are held internationally as well? I don't want to fly to Europe just to take these exams while covid is still scary
susana02
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Yeah but if this is what we want we just have to keep working hard! I want to stay as realistically optimistic as possible haha...
The online site mentions we have to take some exams do you know if they are held internationally as well? I don't want to fly to Europe just to take these exams while covid is still scary
I think you can only take the exams in The Netherlands
sm2908
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
(Original post by susana02)
I think you can only take the exams in The Netherlands
that's stressful, do you by any chance know if they have an option to defer for nay year like American colleges allow you sometimes? Also, how is your prep going? it is actually nice that i can talk to someone working towards the same process
Catsarepurrfect
Rep:
?
Report 3 days ago
Manooka can i ask why this isn't in the sub forum "study in Netherlands"? It seems a bit useless here...
sm2908
Rep:
?
Report 3 days ago
(Original post by Catsarepurrfect)
Manooka can i ask why this isn't in the sub forum "study in Netherlands"? It seems a bit useless here...
This is honestly my first time using this platform and am trying my best to understand and utilise it properly but maybe I ended up not uploading my post at the right place 😓
Catsarepurrfect
Rep:
?
Report 3 days ago
This is honestly my first time using this platform and am trying my best to understand and utilise it properly but maybe I ended up not uploading my post at the right place 😓
Don't worry, your post is in the right place, but you can find more information about studying in Netherlands in sub-forum here:
https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=800
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (55)
15.58%
I'm not sure (9)
2.55%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (122)
34.56%
I have already dropped out (6)
1.7%
I'm not a current university student (161)
45.61%

Watched Threads