The Student Room Group

gcses 2022

Hi
I just started my gcses course and I'll be taking my exams in 2022, does anyone have any advice, or ways to revise?
also this is a long shot but how do i get better at Mathematics? if anyone has any tips please help!

Scroll to see replies

I think with maths, having a thorough understanding of the formulas and different concepts really helps. Once you do it will be much easier to do questions that are a bit different to the standard more typical questions that you see often. After that it's just a matter of practice really to reduce the amount of mistakes you make whilst solving exercises
Study early. The GCSE course is long, and believe me when I tell you that you DONT want to have to study 10 physics units 2 months before the official exam. Whenever you get an end of unit exam / any test, make sure you study for it, because the more you study throughout the course the easier it will be when you revise for the final exam. Try to review your notes every now and then to keep the information fresh in your head. Also, if you don't understand something in class, ask your teacher (i know this sounds obvious but it's something i didn't do and regretted later)

I revised for my GCSEs by making notes and flashcards, but I'd the best way to revise and ensure that you understand the topics is by doing past paper questions.

[about your maths question] The only way to get better at maths is by practising. You can search questions online or ask your teacher to give you more in class, and again, do past papers.

I know GCSEs may seem stressful, but as long as you're organised and don't leave studying for the last minute I'm sure you'll be fine.

feel free to ask any more questions if you still have any doubts! :h:
Reply 3
hey, im currently in year 10 and i have a biology mock paper 1 in a few days. do you reckon the mock is going to be the 2019 gcse paper? someone let me know please thanks
(edited 3 years ago)
Original post by hfasy13
hey, im currently in year 10 and i have a biology mock paper 1 in a few days. do you reckon the mock is going to be the 2019 gcse paper? someone let me know please thanks

It’s unlikely that they’ll give you a full gcse paper so soon as you haven’t covered enough content to answer most of the questions. It’s likely that they’ll take a few questions from the 2019 paper from topics that you have done and then use other papers to make up for questions that you haven’t done, goodluck!
As your gcses are in two years, don’t stress yourself out too much because then you risk burn out which nobody wants. Do little and often by making flashcards/mindmaps on topics, completing every piece of homework and asking your teacher to explain things you don’t understand (especially in maths)!! Make sure to revise for any topic tests/mocks. I improved my maths grade by asking for help and doing exam questions (but you might be too early into the course to do this) so maybe ask your teacher for some extra resources?
(edited 3 years ago)
Reply 6
Original post by Reanna.xxx
It’s unlikely that they’ll give you a full gcse paper so soon as you haven’t covered enough content to answer most of the questions. It’s likely that they’ll take a few questions from the 2019 paper from topics that you have done and then use other papers to make up for questions that you haven’t done, goodluck!

thanks, but we have covered all the topics from paper 1?
Original post by hfasy13
thanks, but we have covered all the topics from paper 1?

Oh well if you’ve covered all of paper 1 then yes, it’s very likely that it could be the 2019 gcse paper 1 then!
Reply 8
Original post by Reanna.xxx
Oh well if you’ve covered all of paper 1 then yes, it’s very likely that it could be the 2019 gcse paper 1 then!

yh thats what i thought, some friends of mine have done it and told me some questions about the diabetes and pancreatic cancer, which appeared on the 2019 paper so thats why i thought so
Original post by hfasy13
yh thats what i thought, some friends of mine have done it and told me some questions about the diabetes and pancreatic cancer, which appeared on the 2019 paper so thats why i thought so

Why are you trying to cheat? These papers are still locked and you shouldn't be trying to get them.
Reply 10
Original post by Muttley79
Why are you trying to cheat? These papers are still locked and you shouldn't be trying to get them.

im not trying to get the paper, i dont want the paper. i just wanted to know what to expect since ive been doing past papers as revision and been having a look at the specimen. sorry if i offended anyone, WANT TO MAKE IT CLEAR THAT I DO NOT WANT THE PAPER
Original post by hfasy13
im not trying to get the paper, i dont want the paper. i just wanted to know what to expect since ive been doing past papers as revision and been having a look at the specimen. sorry if i offended anyone, WANT TO MAKE IT CLEAR THAT I DO NOT WANT THE PAPER

You been asking people what's on it!
Study now. Work hard now. Take notes in class. Save them. Understand the concept. Believe it’ll be worth it!
Reply 13
You been asking people what's on it!

i havent, this is just what i've been hearing people talk about
Original post by hfasy13
i havent, this is just what i've been hearing people talk about

Just read back your posts - it's cheating.
Reply 15
Just read back your posts - it's cheating.

how??
Original post by hfasy13
how??

Finding out which quesions were asked and then trying to work out which paper ...
Reply 17
Finding out which quesions were asked and then trying to work out which paper ...

i was not deliberately trying to find out the questions. and even if it is the 2019 paper, there's no way I can get hold of it anyway -and i don't want to either.
Original post by hfasy13
i was not deliberately trying to find out the questions. and even if it is the 2019 paper, there's no way I can get hold of it anyway -and i don't want to either.

Did you walk away? No you took note ... cheating on tests does not help.
I have dyscalculia and this is things that worked for me. Having a specially made clock that had big numbers on it was really helpful. I also found using the colour coding method very useful as well.
But what ultimately benefited me probably would not help you much however.

Quick Reply

Latest