P.E (Physical Education)

Watch
LY: Forever<3
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 months ago
I absolutely hate P.E, with a passion. I just feel like everyone's staring at me and laughing as I fail, it's embarrassing. I don't get why I have to do P.E in order to graduate Highschool, like, I got good grades in every single subject, especially English Honors, it's aggravating when I get a complete 0 because I don't participate in a physical activity. I hate PE, why do we have to do it, when really, it doesn't help most kids stay fit?
Sabertooth
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
You sound more like you're in elementary school than high school. Stop whining, everyone has to do it.
Always_Confused
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
I have sympathy for you. Physical education is meant to ensure students get some kind of physical activity each week, but an hour really isn't enough. At my school, after getting changed and setting up, we maybe had 30 minutes of exercise. Many schools are under funded and only have the equipment to alternate between 1 or 2 sports in the year which can make P.E boring.
I think physical education teachers should also have some kind of training in dealing with students emotional well being. I hated P.E in school. I don't enjoy any sports and the teachers would always put the people who were athletic on one team and the not-so-athletic kids on the other. It was humiliating. My P.E teachers were always unsympathetic and their advice was to just "get good".
Then there's the forced participation in a lesson that, unless you take GCSE/BTEC sports or P.E, you get zero qualifications out of.
Exercise is important though, so P.E will always be a thing. I think it should be taught with more of a focus on fitness rather than team sports. I'd have been much happier running to myself than being shouted at for not being able to hit the ball during rounders!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you travelling in the Uni student travel window (3-9 Dec) to go home for Christmas?

Yes (58)
28.86%
No - I have already returned home (24)
11.94%
No - I plan on travelling outside these dates (46)
22.89%
No - I'm staying at my term time address over Christmas (20)
9.95%
No - I live at home during term anyway (53)
26.37%

Watched Threads