Insurance company introduces 'T' plate

Watch
Drewski
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
https://www.google.com/amp/s/colleag...e-t-plate/amp/

"In 2011, Co-op Insurance pioneered the use of telematics for Young Drivers, and continuing to build on that history, we now want to raise awareness of the issues they’re facing out on the roads. As a direct response to the findings of the report, we’re launching a nationwide pilot of a pioneering new concept, the T-plate.
Backed by road safety charity Brake and RED driving school, this is a new solution designed to help young drivers feel safer on the road. The plate looks similar to an ‘L’ or a ‘P’ plate and will indicate to other road users that the vehicle is fitted with a black box and so the driver will be driving safely, to the speed limit and in line with the law – something that every driver should do, regardless of the type of insurance cover they have."

Thoughts?
2_versions
  • Political Ambassador
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Right, but whats the point?
It's just for anxiety reduction? I hope the Gov doesn't end up backing this in any way because no offence to any people with mental health but it would be a massive waste of tax money. Good for COOP for the report though, interesting to read, but I don't think this is the solution myself...
Last edited by 2_versions; 1 week ago
StriderHort
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Passive aggressive tosh, i'll cause problems for them personally.
IWMTom
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
A piece of laminated paper isn't going to stop me getting pissed off when an unconfident driver does 10mph under the speed limit "because they have a box".
FRS500
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Absolutely nobody will pay this any mind whatsoever. Nobody gives a toss when they see L plates let alone this.

Most reasonable drivers don't expect you to do anything except drive as is appropriate. If it's a 30 road and it's safe to do 30 that's all anyone can want of you.

If you're doing something daft like 20 and holding people up when there is absolutely no reason to do so, it is quite rightly going to piss people off.
AH-64 APACHE
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
I'll be MORE aggressive against them since they sre degressing motoring.
nexttime
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Why?
Nick6501
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Why would sticking a T on a car do anything? same for learners with P or L on their cars they still get screamed at and horn held down at them for doing stuff wrong etc its just apart of driving...if anything idiots would just target them more to get some laughs and you can buy stickers that say "box driver" on board etc that look a lot better than sticking a T plate on your car..if you're struggling with confidence why would you want to label yourself? when i passed i joined everyone else with just a car..didn't stick no P plates on or anything as like others have said nobody will care...if anything it would cause them more embarrassment..imagine you turn up to college with a T plate on your car you'd have piss taken out of you for weeks just like people who rock up with L plates.

Most pointless idea and if anything its just advertisement for companies to sell these "cheap" boxes to new drivers who don't have a lot of money when in reality box insurance is what causes the anxiety and lack of confidence in first place....when i had one all i thought about was oh better not brake hard here or i better not accelerate too quickly and worrying about your score after every trip and nervous about them canceling it.. even if this shite is added nobody will use it so who cares.
Last edited by Nick6501; 1 week ago
Talon
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
I give L plates a bit of leeway as they are still learning, but once they have passed they should be able to drive properly. That is the point of the test. P plate, T plate or no-plate, I will hold you to the same standard.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

With no certainty that exams next year wil take place, how does this make you feel?

More motivated (46)
23.96%
Less motivated (146)
76.04%

Watched Threads