RickSanchez1988
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
Hello there,I would like to ask two questions. Firstly, while registering at the University I will be stuyding for my Masters they ask me who is going to pay for my fees. I am applying for a Masters loan so should I put in that I will be paying for the fees or that the government will be paying? Secondly in the terms and conditions guide for student finance it says I become liable for 25% of the loan at the start of the first term, but my Masters is only one year, how will that work (how do the terms correspond to the one year)?
Eaphysics
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Just say student finance will be funding you. I’m not sure about the second part. Best to call student finance directly and ask them
Niagew
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by RickSanchez1988)
Hello there,I would like to ask two questions. Firstly, while registering at the University I will be stuyding for my Masters they ask me who is going to pay for my fees. I am applying for a Masters loan so should I put in that I will be paying for the fees or that the government will be paying? Secondly in the terms and conditions guide for student finance it says I become liable for 25% of the loan at the start of the first term, but my Masters is only one year, how will that work (how do the terms correspond to the one year)?
There are 3 terms in a year. So the loan is split into 3 parts (not necessarily equal parts).
L-K
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
You need to ask SFE Isaac
RickSanchez1988
Rep:
?
Thanks for the answers!
Now I found out student finance can't pay for my fees since the university is in Scotland, so I need to contact SAAS which I read somewhere on their site - if I understood correctly - that they don't pay for EU students studying in Scotland. Does anyone have any info regarding this?
Eaphysics
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Not a clue. Phone them ASAP so you get the funding as soon as possible
RickSanchez1988
Rep:
?
Yeah will do that tomorrow as they are closed for the day.
SFE Isaac
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by L-K)
You need to ask SFE Isaac
Hi, if you are applying for the loan then you should state that you are going to receive finance. Regarding your second question, can you clarify further, if you left during the first term then you wouldn't have all the loan to repay as we pay in 3 installments. Are you asking how much funding you have to pay back if you withdraw?
Thanks, Isaac
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you confident you could find support for your mental health if you needed it in COVID-19?

Yes (5)
16.13%
No (26)
83.87%

Watched Threads