Police Constable Online Assessment Centre

Watch
jrp353
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
Hi everyone,

After applying for South Wales Police in January I have finally received my email invitations to complete the 3 stages of the Online Assessment Centre.

I’m wondering if anyone has completed this and if so, what was it like & do you have any advice?

I don’t have to do the SJT so the first part is the interview questions & I’m not afraid to admit I’m panicking. I’ve got until Monday to complete everything!!
RossLeedham
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 2 days ago
I've got through to assesment centre but haven't been given assesment centre dates for the online interview stage yet, I'm guessing it's going to take atleast another month or two to hear anything back, good luck on your test, type in blue light assesment centre help into YouTube, he offers a really good guide to the Covid version of the assesment centre!
Trinculo
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 days ago
Read and understand the CVF, which you should have received a copy of (or at least a link to).

Practice answering any questions with reference to the CVF. Do not try and simply tell cool stories. It doesn't matter how boring or trite your answers are - they must be in the context of the CVF for you to do well.

For example, if you are asked to talk about a time you demonstrated leadership - if you tell a story about how you once grabbed the controls of a passenger airliner after the pilot got food poisoning; that will not be as good an answer as saying how you were in charge of t-shirts for the singers in the school play - if for the school play story, you articulate how you took ownership of the task, worked with others to achieve xyz, delivered on your task competently, were open minded to the input of others and to different options available and blah blah blah.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

With no certainty that exams next year will take place, how does this make you feel?

More motivated (84)
31.46%
Less motivated (183)
68.54%

Watched Threads