Is there going to be a second lockdown

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 4 months ago
Also, will uni work be stopped or will we have to do it???
claireestelle
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
unis have had time of preparing to be fully online so it's unlikely they'll need to pause anyone's degrees for any reason.
Rozzz
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
It'll mainly be online, you can check on your uni website. If your practical based like lab work. It'll most likely be in small groups
Desideri
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
Uni work won’t be stopped, but if there’s a lockdown it will go online. Like it did in the first lockdown, but hopefully this time unis will be more prepared.

I personally think it’s unlikely we’ll have another national lockdown, but I can’t predict the future! Local lockdowns are definitely an ongoing thing though, and the latest government guidance says that unis should go entirely online if they’re in a local lockdown area.
StriderHort
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
(Original post by Desideri)
I personally think it’s unlikely we’ll have another national lockdown, but I can’t predict the future
PM Arseface said yesterday that it's either a National Lockdown or 'Project Unfunded Future Technology'
Ramipril
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
I doubt it. It'll just be moved online. Though if you're studying a course which realistically needs in person teaching (healthcare courses), they might try to at least keep some face-to-face teaching for you even if others go back, unless it gets really bad.
RogerOxon
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
You don't have to do any work at university. It's for your benefit, so feel free not to.
PhoenixFortune
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
It'll just run solely online, and probably in a more efficient way than last academic year. If you don't want to do the work though, then feel free (but risk bad marks later).
University of Portsmouth Student Rep
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
Hiya!

Fingers crossed there won’t be another lockdown but if there is all universities will have learnt from the previous lockdown and will have improved. The majority of lectures from now on will be virtual with minimal face to face learning so i’m presuming that all lectures will be virtual if there is another lockdown, and some assessment may be adjusted (eg if you had an exam planned it may be moved online or replaced with an assessment instead).

Your university website should have a covid page with all information about the specifics that the university has done to ensure students safety so check that out to have a look what they’re doing.

Best of luck at uni! Sam- Official Student Rep
UniofReading
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
Hey Anonymous,

Currently it is more likely there will be local lock downs implemented, if this happens University Students will have to stay where they are and Universities have been advised to move all learning online if this is the case. The likelihood of this affecting you depends which University you are attending.

Zoe
Second year Biological sciences and Student ambassador
A_J_B
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
I hope not. There's no point locking down at this point.
Pubs shouldn't have been opened.
Rocket girl
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
In short no, next!
MarkCollett
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
I will be flouting it regardless and may even start trashing Croydon, Lambeth and Hackney if there is.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have the space and resources you need to succeed in home learning?

Yes I have everything I need (197)
57.77%
I don't have everything I need (144)
42.23%

Watched Threads