tasneem.016
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
so I had a test before lockdown and I did try to revise jane eyre by watching Mr Bruff videos (that's literally all I di) and I came out with a 4. I want a 9! I am trying to read it again and make mindmaps but how do I find useful websites that discuss lang structure and quotes (basically everything) so I can include it in my mindmap.thank you
999tigger
Badges: 19
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by tasneem.016)
so I had a test before lockdown and I did try to revise jane eyre by watching Mr Bruff videos (that's literally all I di) and I came out with a 4. I want a 9! I am trying to read it again and make mindmaps but how do I find useful websites that discuss lang structure and quotes (basically everything) so I can include it in my mindmap.thank you
Not sure there are enough Mr Bruff videos?
Revision book on Characters, themes or authors intentions. Its a bit long so I think notes are important as otherwise it would send you to sleep. From there just practice essay questions.
Maulrus
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I think the trick is to try and make literary insights. You can know the book inside out, but you have to give your own take on; the subjects covered, both social and political, literary techniques such as language which has double meanings and explaining why the writer chose that specific phrase. You can even include personal opinion like on how well the writer conveys their target message. However, I should mention that what a writer's 'target message' is always a subject of much debate. One thing to note - if you're going to offer you're own opinion on the writer's techniques (which I strongly recomend you do) always explain your reasoning behind your inference. Else it comes across as groundless criticism.

I hope this helped.
tasneem.016
Rep:
?
(Original post by Maulrus)
I think the trick is to try and make literary insights. You can know the book inside out, but you have to give your own take on; the subjects covered, both social and political, literary techniques such as language which has double meanings and explaining why the writer chose that specific phrase. You can even include personal opinion like on how well the writer conveys their target message. However, I should mention that what a writer's 'target message' is always a subject of much debate. One thing to note - if you're going to offer you're own opinion on the writer's techniques (which I strongly recomend you do) always explain your reasoning behind your inference. Else it comes across as groundless criticism.

I hope this helped.
yasss thanks for replying really want a grade 9 and I think it is achievable. thank you so much
tasneem.016
Rep:
?
(Original post by 999tigger)
Not sure there are enough Mr Bruff videos?
Revision book on Characters, themes or authors intentions. Its a bit long so I think notes are important as otherwise it would send you to sleep. From there just practice essay questions.
yes there are not enough mr bruff videos on it. its so annoying because he does not even discuss literary techniques found in the novel. thank you so much for replying bttw
999tigger
Badges: 19
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by tasneem.016)
yes there are not enough mr bruff videos on it. its so annoying because he does not even discuss literary techniques found in the novel. thank you so much for replying bttw
There will be lots of revision books plus tes will have notes you can buy.
Jane Eyre is long and some of it really dull, so getting an oversight and a compact set of notes is important.
It should have been obvious Mr Bruff would not be enough.
tasneem.016
Rep:
?
(Original post by 999tigger)
There will be lots of revision books plus tes will have notes you can buy.
Jane Eyre is long and some of it really dull, so getting an oversight and a compact set of notes is important.
It should have been obvious Mr Bruff would not be enough.
yeah i dont knwo why it didnt occur to me that Mr bruff would not be sufficient enough especially for the grade I want
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (184)
14.23%
I'm not sure (59)
4.56%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (380)
29.39%
I have already dropped out (37)
2.86%
I'm not a current university student (633)
48.96%

Watched Threads