Kaysh123
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Hi, I'm new to dsa I've just received my award but it mentions "non medical personal help" with sums of money calculated under the non medical personal help title. Do those payments go to my college advisor?
claireestelle
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Kaysh123)
Hi, I'm new to dsa I've just received my award but it mentions "non medical personal help" with sums of money calculated under the non medical personal help title. Do those payments go to my college advisor?
they would go to a support tutor or a mental health tutor, it should say which one somewhere on the supplier quotes
Kaysh123
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
(Original post by claireestelle)
they would go to a support tutor or a mental health tutor, it should say which one somewhere on the supplier quotes
Thanks for the reply! No they haven't mentioned who it's going to that's why I asked on here as I have also emailed saas aswell but have had no reply yet. Have you had any experience on buying equipment recommended by saas? I have looked at dsa supplier prices and they're much more expensive than your average shop, do you know if there a reason for that?
claireestelle
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Kaysh123)
Thanks for the reply! No they haven't mentioned who it's going to that's why I asked on here as I have also emailed saas aswell but have had no reply yet. Have you had any experience on buying equipment recommended by saas? I have looked at dsa supplier prices and they're much more expensive than your average shop, do you know if there a reason for that?
have you got your needs assessment documents, they might have the supplier quotes towards the end of that. you don't buy it yourself, saas should give the supplier the money directly, assistive technology software is pricey and i think they add some of their admin costs onto it, although they will have an installation charge perhaps they'll charge to student finance also.
snoopydoopz
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
have they put a yearly or hourly rate down for the nmh, i expect it is the former.
for PG it is c. 23k a year max.
Now it means you can pick your own NMH person (a psychologist or counsellor) or go through a nmh provider (google them, theres a list) but its better you pick it yourself and nmh providers take half the rate hence.. you lucky! good for you
Lovesick
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Any equipment provided as part of your DSA recommendations will include installation costs, insurance to cover the duration of your course and it will also include full after sales support. This is why the cost seems more expensive than a laptop you'd pick up at Curry's.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (87)
13.92%
I'm not sure (30)
4.8%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (198)
31.68%
I have already dropped out (13)
2.08%
I'm not a current university student (297)
47.52%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise