How much are your favourite shoes worth to you?

Watch
Repeater
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
I have a pair of Nikes that are rare and very worn in. I have the exact same pair still in the box new. When I checked a few sites it seems that people are paying £400+ for these shoes. I don't know whether to sell the new pair for £400+ and buy different shoes for cheaper and pocket the rest of the cash or, because these are my favourite shoes ever, keep and wear the new pair once my current ones get holes in. What would you do? I'm not poor but it's still a lot of money for a pair of trainers.
ROTL94
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
I'd sell the spare pair for just under £400, or maybe set that as the opening bid if you want to use eBay, then use that money for whatever
londonmyst
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Absolutely priceless.
I wouldn't sell my favourite pair of heels for all the money in the world.
Repeater
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
(Original post by londonmyst)
Absolutely priceless.
I wouldn't sell my favourite pair of heels for all the money in the world.
I'm guessing you only wear them for special occasions so they'll last a very long time? Perhaps a lifetime?

I'm on my 3rd pair of these trainers in 5 years. I wear them a lot.
londonmyst
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by Repeater)
I'm guessing you only wear them for special occasions so they'll last a very long time? Perhaps a lifetime?

I'm on my 3rd pair of these trainers in 5 years. I wear them a lot.
Yes, they only get to go on outings a few times a year- if the weather is good.
Doubt that they will last a lifetime but I'm hoping they will survive for at least another decade.
Halfeti Rose
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
If it's my favorite I would never sell it
fijitastic
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
I have the Jordan 1 Obsidians and they're literally so expensive on StockX and other sites. Absolutely love them though and wouldn't ever sell them
LovelyMrFox
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
My $25 lemon converse, who wants them?
Joleee
Badges: 19
Report 2 weeks ago
i don’t own a pair of shoes worth more than £10 so probably £5(?).
gtty123
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
People who spend a lot of money on shoes are crazy lol. The most I've spent on shoes are £60. My friends however...
Sabertooth
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by LovelyMrFox)
My $25 lemon converse, who wants them?
I sold a pair of limited edition converse that I had worn into the ground - there were holes in them, sweat stains, the fabric had frayed, the sole was completely worn through on both heels. Got $20.
LovelyMrFox
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by Sabertooth)
I sold a pair of limited edition converse that I had worn into the ground - there were holes in them, sweat stains, the fabric had frayed, the sole was completely worn through on both heels. Got $20.
Did you really? :eek: Im curious as to who bought them. How much were they originally?
Sabertooth
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by LovelyMrFox)
Did you really? :eek: Im curious as to who bought them. How much were they originally?
That's the best bit, I bought them for £25 on sale. They were going for about $150 new on ebay. I don't know who bought them but I hope they bought them as a project rather than to sniff and rub on themselves with some weird shoe fetish.......:unsure:
LovelyMrFox
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by Sabertooth)
That's the best bit, I bought them for £25 on sale. They were going for about $150 new on ebay. I don't know who bought them but I hope they bought them as a project rather than to sniff and rub on themselves with some weird shoe fetish.......:unsure:
So you got to wear them for however long for basically free, gotta love that!
:rofl:
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you confident you could find support for your mental health if you needed it in COVID-19?

Yes (85)
21.57%
No (309)
78.43%

Watched Threads